Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Apr 21, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

I wouldn't mind there being adult only sections etc. My kids are well behaved but they are kids after all and I can't ever rule out them having a bad day. Some people have no tolerance and it would it make more relaxed for me to be sitting around people with the same problems :P

All I ever ask is if my kids do something wrong just politely tell me and I will do my best to resolve
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by boo2 View Post
Seat kicking and people who pull themselves up using the seat back (especially if I do manage to get to sleep)!
DH and I had a very peculiar thing happened to us on a flight to Denver. We were sitting near the back of the plane, instead of seats being 3 across they had 2 across so a slight space down the side of the window seat. The women in front of DH proceeded to try and curl herself up on the floor in the gap which resulting in her legs being in DH space on the floor where his feet should have been! We asked her to move but she pretended to be asleep and ignored us! I had to go and ask the cabin crew to move her!

This used to be quite a thing quite often Far Eastern routes back many years ago you would see people sleeping in very weird places , I can't remember which route it was once but they actually asked people not to sleep in the aisles in about three languages.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
This used to be quite a thing quite often Far Eastern routes back many years ago you would see people sleeping in very weird places , I can't remember which route it was once but they actually asked people not to sleep in the aisles in about three languages.
OMG I remember those announcements too and them totally being ignored as people slept on the floor by both the emergency exits and the toilets down the back !
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Mobile

For me it’s people who snort instead of blowing their noses- it literally makes me feel sick.
And people who use my headrest to pull themselves up
Old 18 Apr 21, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

I really don’t think my mother has been on a single flight that wasn’t ‘dreadful’ 😬😆
Maybe it’s because she’s a nervous flyer (no idea if she is or not) but everything you can possibly imagine is a problem. Even in First.
I do think a lot of the passengers who irritate might just be on edge. Or, they might just be a pain in the ≈≈≈≈!
I’m sure travelling alone with kids can be tough but we once sat across the aisle from a mother with 3 young children. They boarded late, she handed them pringles and sweets each, donned an eye mask and left them to it for 9 hours! The mess! This is OH’s bugbear. People who leave a mess. He immediately finds a small bag for any rubbish when we are in our seats and points it out to us all. He
Was muttering about the mess for about 5 hours after!

I don’t like people invading my space particularly. As someone else said, feet appearing through the seat gaps is just gross. Just feet in general. I don’t want anyone’s unsocked feet too close!
On our last flight I had this revolting sight to endure. Keep your fungal infection to
yourself mate 🤮 sometimes it was almost over my TV screen

He and his partner were overly affectionate too which we couldn’t really avoid seeing 🥴
I have no issues with anyone reclining. The seats don’t recline very much and on a long haul flight it’s perfectly reasonable to not sit bolt upright.

Other than all that, The engines are so loud that I’m not sure I’ve necessarily been bothered by loud people before or screaming children. On the tarmac during a delay loud people get irritating

Edited at 08:43 AM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 21, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Pottermouse
Apprentice Imagineer

Faffing with their belongings in the overhead lockers when passengers are trying to board. Either be organised and put some of the things that you may need for the first hour in a separate section of your bag or sit down first and then faff.

The mess that people leave on the floor, we’ve even seen dirty nappies left on the floor, not even in a nappy sack

Kids left to their own devices... We were once on a flight to Phoenix where a mother was sitting behind us with her two children. As soon as the seatbelt light went off, she went to sit with her friend a good few rows back and the friend sent her kids down to sit behind us. Four young children on three seats, you can just imagine the mayhem! We tolerated it for so long and then the cabin crew got involved. Eventually the mother returned with an eye mask on her forehead, shouting at them “I’m trying to sleep back there and I get disturbed because you can’t behave yourselves” You couldn’t make it up!

Wynnfield Inn Sept 00, Spring Hill Suites LBV Oct 07, POR Aug 08 & Aug 09, Sandy Ridge Villa Oct 10, Sheraton Park Anaheim 11, Scottsdale 12, Las Vegas Jun 13, Scottsdale 14, Dallas 15, OKW 16, Cuba 17, Cuba 18, Beach Club 19 & Kraków Nov 19.
Pottermouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 21, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I travel with four children, and when they were younger you could see the disdain on some passengers faces when they sat near us, my kids are not angels but I dont let them run wild. On a positive I have been complimented on their behaviour on board.

I always end up seated next to the couple having a massive domestic, loudly last time cabin crew seperated them with a very firm continue and your off the lfight warning as we hadnt shut the door yet

also hate the mad rush to get of the plane we are all getting off it so wait
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 21, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
The guy who orders alcohol in the first drinks service and then spills it all in your seat so you’re soaking wet for the rest of the flight which nowhere to go because the flight is full. He then split his dinner all down him. Clearly this was the reason why he was sat alone while the rest of his family were in the row in front. He didn’t even apologise, and I was soaked right through my pants.

People who pull on your seat so help them stand up, pulling hair and waking you in the process.
People who block the aisles and look at you like that’s your fault when you need to pass for the loo.
People who take an age to sit down, hurry up and let’s get this show on the road.
Kids who kick seats, especially ones with parents that don’t care.
Old 18 Apr 21, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Pottermouse View Post
Faffing with their belongings in the overhead lockers when passengers are trying to board. Either be organised and put some of the things that you may need for the first hour in a separate section of your bag or sit down first and then faff.

The mess that people leave on the floor, we’ve even seen dirty nappies left on the floor, not even in a nappy sack

Kids left to their own devices... We were once on a flight to Phoenix where a mother was sitting behind us with her two children. As soon as the seatbelt light went off, she went to sit with her friend a good few rows back and the friend sent her kids down to sit behind us. Four young children on three seats, you can just imagine the mayhem! We tolerated it for so long and then the cabin crew got involved. Eventually the mother returned with an eye mask on her forehead, shouting at them “I’m trying to sleep back there and I get disturbed because you can’t behave yourselves” You couldn’t make it up!
Exactly what we do.

We always have a carrier bag in our cabin bag. Always visit M&S (at Gatwick anyway) to buy sandwiches, pork pie, crisps and they go into the carrier along with headphones and Kindles for early use on plane.

Same carrier is then used for M&S wrappings and our other rubbish from our immediate area before we disembark..

Mick
Old 18 Apr 21, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Our first trip after we bought the villa we had our daughter, son in law and two granddaughters with us, the youngest of whom was 4 months old. She was a very large and very loud baby and my daughter was very worried about her being noisy on the plane. For some reason she was totally calm and didn't cry once. There was another baby about the same age who cried and cried. The parents really tried, walking her up and down but she really would not settle for any length of time. As we got off the plane an elderly lady turned to my daughter and said (within earshot of other parents) "what a beautifully behaved baby not like the other one". My daughter replied no one was more surprised than her that Evie had been so quiet but if she hadn't she'd have been far noisier than the other baby. This was obviously not the expected answer and the woman huffed off. I think people forget we were all babies once!
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List