Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Apr 21, 07:15 AM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by Hornet1976 View Post
Although the price of tests is unwanted, it doesn't really concern me - we need a holiday badly. It's the risk of one of these tests being positive and having to quarantine when we have work and school to get back to after two weeks off that will stop us going (Aug 15th - 29th) if anything.
i think everyone needs a holiday badlyto be fair

its whether what could add up to the price of taking another person is worth the costs, and for us it isnt
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
and306
Serious Dibber

There are 6 of us going and IF the testing requirements are still the same in August I will definitely have to move our holiday.
and306 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
LouH
slightly serious Dibber

I agree no one knows for sure yet. Theres 7 of us (myself, hubby and 5 kids (aged 9-15).

Qured is 39 for the lateral flow tests each for in and out of country. The only concern (other than cost and possible positive test result) is if the US or UK dont allow lateral flow then itll be the more expensive PCR test.

Lateral flow are 39
PCR 99

All suggest booking in advance I guess due to potential demand.

For us with lateral follow thats 560 I can live with that especially as hubby and I will be fully vaccinated by end of May

However PCR 1400 - Im not so sure 😭
LouH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Hannah
Apprentice Imagineer

Hannah's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Keegan View Post
The testing is a temporary measure. Anyone with holidays August onwards i very much doubt will need to take any tests
Hope you're right!
Hannah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
kitjos
slightly serious Dibber

I've just replied to a similar thread, but yes, we would be priced out too . Family of 4 (2a/2c) and we have a strict budget so no allowances for 400+ for tests, and we've had both vaccines (i know, transmission and all that, but still!). No idea what either side (UK/USA) will ask for regarding kids and tests but id rather not deal with 3 tests per person. BA voucher is valid till 30th April 2023 so will move it to a later date if so xx

Edited at 08:03 AM.
kitjos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

I just wish that someone would make a decision about when we can travel, where we can travel and what tests well need. If we have to pay for tests (likely) then Ill have to pay as by not travelling itll likely cost me more by pushing everything on to next year. (Booked DIY and this year has already cost me more than last.)
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
There will be a price level that will make us change our plans - but its too early yet for us to speculate too much. We have to make a decision by 9 July in terms of paying the remaining balance - so if things still arent clear by then well cancel.

As a side question, those with children under 16 - have they said anything about their concerns? DD said the other day that she doesnt want to travel without being vaccinated. At 15 that wont be until the autumn. Just when I was being positive about getting away!
Old 17 Apr 21, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Hopefully there will be more information on the 6/10th May and things become much clearer. I do think though like others by the end of June things will have improved again and costs will have definitely dropped so Im hopeful just now.
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
LouH
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mason1 View Post
There will be a price level that will make us change our plans - but its too early yet for us to speculate too much. We have to make a decision by 9 July in terms of paying the remaining balance - so if things still arent clear by then well cancel.

As a side question, those with children under 16 - have they said anything about their concerns? DD said the other day that she doesnt want to travel without being vaccinated. At 15 that wont be until the autumn. Just when I was being positive about getting away!
My children just want to go on holiday. 3 are taking lateral flow tests due to school 2 times a week and dont know anyone at all who has had covid so they are very much just going with the flow x
LouH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by LouH View Post
I agree no one knows for sure yet. Theres 7 of us (myself, hubby and 5 kids (aged 9-15).

Qured is 39 for the lateral flow tests each for in and out of country. The only concern (other than cost and possible positive test result) is if the US or UK dont allow lateral flow then itll be the more expensive PCR test.

Lateral flow are 39
PCR 99

All suggest booking in advance I guess due to potential demand.

For us with lateral follow thats 560 I can live with that especially as hubby and I will be fully vaccinated by end of May

However PCR 1400 - Im not so sure 😭
Currently at least 1 pcr test is required, 2 days after return, putting it at 177 each as things stand now.

You also need three tests. Before you leave the uk. Before you leave USA, and 2 days after you arrive home.

Edited at 08:13 AM.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List