Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Apr 21, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Keegan View Post
I do think this is why currently regardless of whether the country is green and you've had a vaccination you still require a test. They would open up all sorts of legal challenges if they allowed vaccinated to travel freely without having offered the vaccine to everyone.

This is why i do believe come the June & August Travel Taskforce reviews that most restrictions around testing will be removed as everybody should be vaccinated or atleast offered one.
What do you base that on? What legal challenge?
Old 17 Apr 21, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Hermione
Getting Excited

They won't price me out but I really can't be doing with all the faffing and uncertainty.
Hermione is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 21, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Susethomasx
Excited about Disney

As things currently stand, we’ll be priced out too and need to move as the cost of the tests will be just a stretch too far if they remain as they are OR if it is determined that all the tests must be the PCR ones rather than the cheaper lateral flow ones.

We don’t go until November however and who knows what will happen before then so for the moment, we’re waiting to see what happens over the coming months before making a decision.
Susethomasx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 21, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by Susethomasx View Post
As things currently stand, we’ll be priced out too and need to move as the cost of the tests will be just a stretch too far if they remain as they are OR if it is determined that all the tests must be the PCR ones rather than the cheaper lateral flow ones.

We don’t go until November however and who knows what will happen before then so for the moment, we’re waiting to see what happens over the coming months before making a decision.
right now we are working on the wait and see, the kids are still marking the days off but thankfully are 10/10/11/12 so even tho it would be dissapointing can accept if it changes

ive still booked park days etc etc i just hope it all pans out
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 21, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
LizzyBear
Imagineer

LizzyBear's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
I’m sure the price of the tests will be cut. I also don’t think all the tests will be needed for as long as others may think.

This is purely to get us off the ground - literally. The further this goes on, the less the tests will be needed. There are countries already looking at allowing test free travel for arrivals who are 2 weeks post 2nd vaccine. Then it’s the lat flow and PCR on arrival back to the UK - which I expect to change by July time (enough to see how it’s going) for those who are double vaccinated with 2/3 weeks clear.
I agree with this. Also, once holidays are allowed again the travel companies are going to want to make it as easy as possible for their customers to actually go and subsidising tests is an easy way to facilitate that in my view.
Old 19 Apr 21, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mazzie
Imagineer

mazzie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Its not just the cost of the tests, but the potential time off work that would also cost us as Im sure we wouldn't be paid.

Hopefully prices will come down if people do avoid booking because airlines are struggling and need the business.
mazzie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 21, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldcoast
Excited about Disney

Are insurance companies offering cover now, if you happen to test positive at the airport?
Goldcoast is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 21, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
MellyElly
Excited about Disney

Theres only 2 of us going in September and if they’re £60 each (which i’ve seen some firms are cutting the costs) we’ll just save extra to cover them...so we wont be priced out but we are naively hopeful that there’ll be more positive changes so i have extra $$s 😂😂
MellyElly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 21, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I’m happy to spend $$$$$ building a droid or lightsaber $20 on a drink in Epcot this would just be another cost built into the cost of my holiday. Personally I would prefer a covid passport as our whole family would be fully protected come September when we hope to go if not we will just pay whatever the cost is.
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 21, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Lotty
Proud to wear my Ears

Does anyone know where you could get a test in the US that would enable travel back to the Uk? That would be an issue if you tested positive whilst there!
Lotty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List