Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Apr 21, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Personally I would book sooner rather than Later. Demand is high and availability will be low which will see prices only going one way I feel.

There will be bargains but you Will need luck I feel and will need to go indirect.

Edited at 12:40 PM.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
Before I knew better, I paid £4100 for 2ad and 2ch from Manchester to Orlando with Thomas Cook (flight only).

Now, I shop around and go indirect if needs be. I’ve got 2ad and 2 teens (12+) LHR to JFK with a 2 night stop over (Hotel in Midtown Manhattan), onward flights to MCO, return direct MCO to LHR plus a Ford Mustang for 18 days for £3100. I’m very happy with that price.

Edited to add: that’s with BA.
Is that for 2022?
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
We go in school holidays, and usually pay £700pp for flights and SUV for up to 3 weeks - this is BA, usually flying into Tampa. The kids are classed as young adults. Last year (which didn’t happen), MCO was cheaper and was £2700 for the 4 of us. I would wait until BA prices come out to compare.

With prices, it all depends if you are happy with the price. If you are, then book and do not check again. If you are happy to wait and check regularly, then you will probably get them cheaper. For next July/August I’d be looking at prices from September, when there are usually sales on.
Old 17 Apr 21, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lansam18 View Post
I’ve rung BA but they aren’t releasing flights/ fly drives until 355 days before, they’re only doing holidays which I got a quote for but that was more expensive than diy

Yes BA are only selling flight/hotel inclusive packages to Orlando for travel up to 19th October 2022 (along with Barbados, Mauritius, St Lucia and Cancun). No other Florida destination is included and any booking for Orlando must have the hotel for the entire period - no other variation such as fly-drive, flight + 1 night hotel etc will become available until the normal release dates.

britishairways/en-gb...g-ahead#beyond

What we don't know is when any of the airlines and tour companies will change their booking terms and conditions for future trips.

Edited at 01:47 PM.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Imagineer

Couple of weeks ago I paid £3370 for 4 direct LHR-MCO with BA (Aug 21). That’s with a large SUV for 17 days. Ideally I’d have got nearer £3k...but would have been happy with TPA.

I might stretch to £3700 if I was booking late. No way would I pay over £4k.

Edited at 01:48 PM.
DisneyYoda is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
Is that for 2022?
No for 2021 🙈

I really hope we get to go otherwise I might be paying £5100 for the same flights by next year.😬😅

Booked it in the September BA sale.
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Lansam18
Earning More Ears

It’s so hard because it’s my
Parents as well so don’t want them to have to over pay at all and I feel like if I wait until
They give the definite green light for travel flights are going to rocket! Wish someone had a crystal ball 😂
Lansam18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We’ve paid £4200 for 2 nights hard rock club level, flights to Miami and full size suv with insurance with Virgin. Our flydrive for 2020, had we have been allowed to travel, we’re £3600 (into Orlando out of Miami) without the hard rock nights. In 2018 we paid £3200 with BA into Miami with full suv. It’s gone up around £400 year on year.

For us it’s was a case of do we book now at a price we’re relatively happy with? Or, do we wait for BA and see what happens? But after the last year, we were happy to pay that price, as supply and demand could mean less flights going but more demand equalling higher prices.

It’s a risk but I would rather take it than not!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

In September 2020 there were very low fares on BA for summer 2021. At that time I think most of us thought summer 2021 would be safe for travel and that there would be lots of demand. So, I am inclined to think that there will be some decent fares out come autumn for 2022 but of course that's not a guarantee. The price quoted is very high imo and I would be aiming for £600 if you are not choosy about the airline and £450 if you'll go indirect.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 21, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
asmidir
Excited about Disney

I think it's worth taking a risk and looking at 11 months out - every other year the flights have been discounted around 12 to 10 months out from various airlines.

If you can nab a sale flight, then prices for direct can be closer to £450pp maybe plus bags (around £190 for 2 x 23kg on return flights)

Even now - if you do some skycanner searches for last 2 weeks in August 2021 from LHR you can get indirects from £350 with short layovers - so no reason to think these would all disappear for 2022
asmidir is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List