Closed Thread

Old 28 Oct 06, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

VILLA OWNERS - Read This BEFORE posting

Hi,
I'll come straight to the point...

If you are a Villa Owner and you are not paying to advertise here then your account will be suspended if you advertise your villa on this site.

Unless you are a Paying advertiser here then...

DO NOT put a link to your villa in your signature
DO NOT put a link to your villa in any of your UserCP profile fields
DO NOT make posts that in anyway advertise your villa
DO NOT make posts that in anyway advertise the community or area that your villa is in.
DO NOT make posts that in anyway disparages a community or area that your villa is not in.
DO NOT use our Messaging system (PM's) to advertise your villa
DO NOT advertise the fact that you are a Villa Owner. This includes subtle usernames or signature text or counter text.

We work hard to provide a great community here and it's annoying when our rules are just ignored.

If you are a villa owner and decide to ignore our rules then personally I would consider you non trustworthy and would never recommend someone who can't be trusted.

I'm sure the members here do not want to deal with a villa owner who is desperate enough for customers that they will blatantly ignore rules and policies just to try and advertise their villa for free.

In the past we have just removed links, but I think tougher action is required and we will now be suspending accounts and possibly naming and shaming culprits.

If you want to advertise your villa here on the DIBB, then please be professional and contact us for our advertising rates. DETAILS HERE

If you do not want to pay our advertising rates, then you are free to use the forums but DO NOT use this site to solicit business in anyway.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 06, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

All authorised DIBB Villa advertisers will have a Plaque under their username saying Villa Owner.

These are the ONLY members allowed to advertise their Villas on this site.

Any other member that posts about their Villa is breaking our Terms of Service for this site. This includes subtle advertising the fact that they own a Villa.

Our Terms extend not only to the forums but also to advertising and soliciting potential renters via PM's

If any member sees a post that we have missed, where someone is advertising a Villa, advertising the fact that they own a Villa, posting a link to a commercial Villa site or to a personal villa site then I would please ask you to report that post.

To report a post all you need to do is click the at the bottom left of the post.

Remember if they are disregarding our Terms they are probably desperate, if they are desperate then I wouldn't like to guess what sort of service you could expect.

If they do not have a DIBB Villa Owner image under their username then they are breaking our Terms of Service

Edited at 10:47 AM.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread