Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Aug 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
I must have a kind face. Olga will tell you I’m a sucker for waifs and strays (humans as well as cats)

Or else I’ve got MUG written on my forehead 🤫
This happens to me too. If I’m standing at a bus stop some old soul will start talking to me and tell me all their woes and secrets. I try not to make eye contact now but they still end up singling me out. My DD laughs at me, but she now says that it’s started to happen to her now so she must have inherited my “approachable” face 😂

It sounds as if the woman was confused or stressed or suffering from mental illness. I know it’s probably sensible not to help, especially if you are out alone, but I would have probably done the same as you Linda. I couldn’t have left her, although maybe ringing someone to help her would have been a better idea if she was able to give you a contact number.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
But you only liked some of the posts, despite the effort we 'all' went to in order to offer our advice
Oh blimey I didn’t realise we had “like police” on the Dibb 😘. I’ll go back and rectify 😂😂😂
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
But you only liked some of the posts, despite the effort we 'all' went to in order to offer our advice
I always like your posts, but so many times your thread gets deleted! Although you seem to be curbing your natural exuberance this week!
Old 21 Aug 19, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I guess walking around west London in your slippers and dressing gown whilst eating a large cake probably will attract nutters!
I always wear clothes to go out, even scruffy clothes to walk the dog and don’t eat cakes walking around because I would look greedy. I usually eat cakes privately so I don’t have to share!
Old 21 Aug 19, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Ericsmum, Many thanks for your 'like' it means a lot to me. Some forums have a dislike button so I'm grateful they only have a like button on the dibb because I wouod probably be the 'dislike' button champion.

Sandra, Fair point with you only eating cake in private. I must admit I am self conscious when I buy a packet of chocolate biscuits without putting them in a bag in case people think I'm greedy (which I am). I am also very scruffy and most people think I'm poor (which I am close to being).

Olga, thank you for you kind words. In fairness I don't have many threads/post removed since I was put on the naughty step a while back, so my percentage of removed threads has definitely decreased over the past year or so.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Ericsmum, Many thanks for your 'like' it means a lot to me. Some forums have a dislike button so I'm grateful they only have a like button on the dibb because I wouod probably be the 'dislike' button champion.

Sandra, Fair point with you only eating cake in private. I must admit I am self conscious when I buy a packet of chocolate biscuits without putting them in a bag in case people think I'm greedy (which I am). I am also very scruffy and most people think I'm poor (which I am close to being).

Olga, thank you for you kind words. In fairness I don't have many threads/post removed since I was put on the naughty step a while back, so my percentage of removed threads has definitely decreased over the past year or so.
You have golden ears on your naughty step!
Old 22 Aug 19, 03:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

Sorry to be so blunt but a very foolish move, this could so easily have turned nasty where someone else could’ve been at the car, robbed or made threats or assaulted you.
Obviously ok in this instance but not everything is what it seems these days.
Please be careful and not so blinkered the big wide world is wonderful sadly it isn’t
Old 22 Aug 19, 05:54 AM  
Link to this Post
janeg88
Imagineer

janeg88's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’m upset how many folks wouldn’t help under any circumstances.

I would have done exactly the same. Maybe it’s living in a rural area but I was brought up giving lifts to strangers.

I suspect the lady was very stressed (running out of fuel being indicative of this)

Calculated risk is a good way of putting it.
janeg88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by janeg88 View Post
I’m upset how many folks wouldn’t help under any circumstances.

I would have done exactly the same. Maybe it’s living in a rural area but I was brought up giving lifts to strangers.

I suspect the lady was very stressed (running out of fuel being indicative of this)

Calculated risk is a good way of putting it.
I also would have helped and have done in the past. ☺️
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

I can feel a poll coming on:

1) who would have helped
2) who wouldn't have helped
3) who is unsure
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List