Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 9 Sep 20, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaft88
Getting Excited

DisneyDaft88's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Importance of Use Year?

Hi everyone,

We're going to be purchasing DVC resale in the next couple of months and our only sticking point continues to be which use year to go with.

These days we always travel between November and March to Disney. I've read several times that if you always travel roughly the same time of year then a Use Year just prior to your travel period is best?

The only "spanner in the works" for us is that my other half works offshore on a fixed rotation of 2 weeks away,3 weeks home so we already know 18 months in advance when we can and can't travel and every year it changes!

I guess my question is, for our circumstances, do those who have DVC experience think that Use Year is something to worry about for us?

Hope my ramblings make some sense!
Universal Sapphire Falls February '22
CBR - October '23
DisneyDaft88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 20, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
JasonErpelding
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by DisneyDaft88 View Post
Hi everyone,

We're going to be purchasing DVC resale in the next couple of months and our only sticking point continues to be which use year to go with.

These days we always travel between November and March to Disney. I've read several times that if you always travel roughly the same time of year then a Use Year just prior to your travel period is best?

The only "spanner in the works" for us is that my other half works offshore on a fixed rotation of 2 weeks away,3 weeks home so we already know 18 months in advance when we can and can't travel and every year it changes!

I guess my question is, for our circumstances, do those who have DVC experience think that Use Year is something to worry about for us?

Hope my ramblings make some sense!
If you know you are doing to vacation between November and March I would go with the October use year. With the October use year you would have until the end of May to bank your points in case you ever had to cancel one of your trips. If you are buying from Disney getting an October use year is super easy and if you are buying resale then you just have to search for the October listings. You may never cancel and use year won't matter but I say why take the risk and just buy the correct use year.

Jason Erpelding
Lic. Real Estate Broker
Buy and Sell DVC, Inc.®
Old 11 Sep 20, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Apart from Banking/Cancellation I think it really depends on how you plan to use them ? If like us you are always running a deficit then I'd say that you ideally want a UY that starts before your planned holidays normally take place, as this allows for Borrowing IYKWIM so I'd rule out Dec + Feb
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List