Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 17 Sep 20, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Annual Dues: New option to purchase Disney egift cards with US Dollar PayPal account.

Just discovered that DisneyShop. com now offers the option to purchase Disney egift cards with your US Dollar PayPal account.

So if you're renting through David's or renting your distressed points through Facebook and getting paid into your US dollar PayPal account, then rather than converting those dollars into British Pounds (which will encounter fees) use those PayPal dollars to buy Disney egift cards direct from the US Disney Shop which can then be used to pay towards your DVC annual dues.

Go to shopdisney/disney-gi...000035MS.html?

Select a Gift Card Amount: from $25 through to $500 (But suggest if it's your first time purchase $25 as a test run)

Enter Recipients name & email, your name and message.

Click - Add to Bag.

Click - View my Bag.

Click - Guest Checkout

Enter your shipping address by selecting United Kingdom from the drop-down menu and UK phone number.

Click - Continue to Payment Step 2

Select the PayPal option.

Complete Contact Step 3

Click Submit Order

You will quickly receive an email from Disney part of which states...
Our Disney Gift Card eGift is usually sent to a valid email address within 60 minutes but may take up to 24 hours. Please note:

At the same time PayPal will send an email stating...
You submitted an order in the amount of $25.00 USD to Disney Shopping, Inc.

And 46-minutes later we received an email stating Your shopDisney order is on its way

Followed seconds later by another email from shopDisney, You’ve Received a Disney Gift Card eGift which gives you the 16-digit Account Number: 6183768443***** and 8-digit pin/security number EAN: 5722****

With those numbers you can pay up to the full amount of the egift card towards your annual dues or for when you're next at WDW or to pay towards a DCL trip.

Good luck and it would be great if someone can verify this or if we had missed out any details.
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Br'er Bear View Post
Just discovered that DisneyShop. com now offers the option to purchase Disney egift cards with your US Dollar PayPal account.

So if you're renting through David's or renting your distressed points through Facebook and getting paid into your US dollar PayPal account, then rather than converting those dollars into British Pounds (which will encounter fees) use those PayPal dollars to buy Disney egift cards direct from the US Disney Shop which can then be used to pay towards your DVC annual dues.

Go to shopdisney/disney-gi...000035MS.html?

Select a Gift Card Amount: from $25 through to $500 (But suggest if it's your first time purchase $25 as a test run)

Enter Recipients name & email, your name and message.

Click - Add to Bag.

Click - View my Bag.

Click - Guest Checkout

Enter your shipping address by selecting United Kingdom from the drop-down menu and UK phone number.

Click - Continue to Payment Step 2

Select the PayPal option.

Complete Contact Step 3

Click Submit Order

You will quickly receive an email from Disney part of which states...
Our Disney Gift Card eGift is usually sent to a valid email address within 60 minutes but may take up to 24 hours. Please note:

At the same time PayPal will send an email stating...
You submitted an order in the amount of $25.00 USD to Disney Shopping, Inc.

And 46-minutes later we received an email stating Your shopDisney order is on its way

Followed seconds later by another email from shopDisney, You’ve Received a Disney Gift Card eGift which gives you the 16-digit Account Number: 6183768443***** and 8-digit pin/security number EAN: 5722****

With those numbers you can pay up to the full amount of the egift card towards your annual dues or for when you're next at WDW or to pay towards a DCL trip.

Good luck and it would be great if someone can verify this or if we had missed out any details.
Happy to verify Br'er Bear... I bought 2 ecards today using PayPal and they are now safely transferred into my 'manage my cards' account here:
disneygiftcard/

Edited at 10:47 PM.
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
KFJames
Imagineer

KFJames's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thats good to know. Renting out some points & being paid in dollars
Old 5 Oct 22, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
zoemoo
Apprentice Imagineer

zoemoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 13
How do I set up a us Paypal account?
Old 5 Oct 22, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by zoemoo View Post
How do I set up a us Paypal account?
To add a new currency, log into your Paypal account and click on your Wallet and under your PayPal balance on the R/H side click add currency. Once you've set it up you can select either your sterling or dollar as you primary account.

Also, when you add a currency, any payments you receive in that currency will be credited to that balance. Paypal will use your primary currency when you send or request payments.

Good luck and hopefully in a few clicks you'll have one opened.
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 22, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

When I try to do this the UK does not appear in the drop down menu, does anyone know a work around for this?
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 22, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Merryweather17 View Post
When I try to do this the UK does not appear in the drop down menu, does anyone know a work around for this?
Since the original post Disney has removed the UK and EU as an option due to the changes in tax laws. There is a work around by inputting your DVC home resort address (like SSR) but you can use your own UK phone number. Good luck!
Old 9 Oct 22, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

Since the original post Disney has removed the UK and EU as an option due to the changes in tax laws. There is a work around by inputting your DVC home resort address (like SSR) but you can use your own UK phone number. Good luck!
Thanks for the help with this, it is really helpful to know.
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 22, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
zoemoo
Apprentice Imagineer

zoemoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 13
How can I use the e-Disney gift card when I’m in WDW? How would that work?
Old 10 Oct 22, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by zoemoo View Post
How can I use the e-Disney gift card when I’m in WDW? How would that work?
To use your virtual e-Disney Gift Card just open it up to the barcode when you're ready to pay and the cast-member will scan the code from your phone.

Or if you have an old plastic Disney gift card you can open a Disney gift card account and once you've added both numbers to your account you can transfer the full amount from the e-gift card to your plastic card.

All the details can be found at disneygiftcard

Good luck!