Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 19 Sep 20, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Custancia
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
Value studios are typically hard, I've been locked out at 11 months because of people a!ready having bookings or walking...Although you can sometimes pick job in the back of a walker? I had to walk (oh the shame of confession!) to get a 2 bed value for this summer at 11 months (which I then couldn't use ). But that was because they "include" value studio, as YT says 1 beds have more availability.

Based on last couple of years, pre Covid.

WDW POR 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 (Xmas), 2016 and 2018
Custancia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
DigitalOlli
VIP Dibber

We have booked 12 nights in a Value Studio next may ( hope we can go).

Have to take a look everyday at the 11 month window
DigitalOlli is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Custancia View Post
Value studios are typically hard, I've been locked out at 11 months because of people a!ready having bookings or walking...Although you can sometimes pick job in the back of a walker? I had to walk (oh the shame of confession!) to get a 2 bed value for this summer at 11 months (which I then couldn't use ). But that was because they "include" value studio, as YT says 1 beds have more availability.

Based on last couple of years, pre Covid.
Can I ask how you got on with walking on the back of a walker?

I’ve been trying for weeks to get an opening for August for a 2 bed value at 11 months, and now I’ve managed to get a couple of days that I’m trying to walk behind walkers (we are now delaying our trip to October so it will be a long walk!) but whether it will work or not remains to be seen! We can stretch to a standard view with less nights if we have to, so it wouldn’t be disastrous, but as this would allow us a longer trip I am going to give it a try!

Such a shame that even at 11 months out we can’t get what we want without this awful walking business at properties we own at - I feel so sorry for those at the wilderness lodge property (copper creek is it?) that have trouble with rooms full stop at 11 months - I would not be impressed if I owed there and couldn’t guarantee I’d get a room. 😢
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by meanwoodwhite View Post
On the American DVC forums/groups and podcasts you always get dire stories of availability being awful. It got me anxious as I didn't get my points until 6 months out of my planned trip.

I think all the Americans seem to all want to book Weekend trips on public holidays like Thanksgiving/Christmas or 4th July etc... so we as Brits get skewed reviews of availability.

If your flexible and happy with split stays you can get almost anything you want.
I think this is a very good observation.