Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 26 Aug 19, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

Universal Ride Queues & Lockers

With the Hagrid queues over an hour , I just wondered what provisions- if any! have been made for someone that needs to carry medical stuff with them in a queue but can’t take on a ride?

I have Idiopathic Anaphylaxis and my epi-pen and anti histamines have to be close by especially as I’ve had a few reactions recently and I’m a little concerned about putting them in a locker and I can’t access them for a while.
I didn’t know if you could queue with a bag and then leave it at the ride?

I’m guessing the same principle might be for a diabetic that needs to test blood sugars in a queue but can’t take the testing kit with them.

Thanks
Fiona35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Fiona35 View Post
With the Hagrid queues over an hour , I just wondered what provisions- if any! have been made for someone that needs to carry medical stuff with them in a queue but can’t take on a ride?

I have Idiopathic Anaphylaxis and my epi-pen and anti histamines have to be close by especially as I’ve had a few reactions recently and I’m a little concerned about putting them in a locker and I can’t access them for a while.
I didn’t know if you could queue with a bag and then leave it at the ride?

I’m guessing the same principle might be for a diabetic that needs to test blood sugars in a queue but can’t take the testing kit with them.

Thanks
I would maybe speak to guest relations when you go in. I’m sure there is a way you bypass the queues for such medical conditions. My daughter is type 1 diabetic and will often just put her glucose in her pocket if she has to lock everything in a queue but we have never really queued for that length of time and sometimes I don’t ride so I queue with them then just take the bags.
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Hipstalike
Proud to wear my Ears

Hipstalike's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
The no bags policy with Hagrid's isn't as strict as it is with Hulk and Rip Ride Rockit but more like it is on Gringotts and Forbidden Journey, so you're allowed to take a fanny pack with you, from what I've heard so you could perhaps take your meds with you that way?
Hipstalike is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFoodie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Hipstalike View Post
The no bags policy with Hagrid's isn't as strict as it is with Hulk and Rip Ride Rockit but more like it is on Gringotts and Forbidden Journey, so you're allowed to take a fanny pack with you, from what I've heard so you could perhaps take your meds with you that way?
This. We take a bum bag to universal so we don’t have to mess about with lockers (except for hulk and RRR but I am too chicken for those anyway!)
DisneyFoodie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyThoughts
Imagineer

Mobile

I asked a similar questions a while back in regards to my brothers epilepsy medication & sadly couldn’t get a definitive answer. I even emailed Universal mid July & again a few weeks back & never got a reply back either time.

I’ve decided to take a small lightweight jacket that has an inside zip to put the medication in to wear on the rides. Though when I ring Universal later this week (for something else) I’ll be asking for a definite answer then & don’t mind coming back & letting you know what they said if you’d like 😊

DLP: 2019, Feb: Santa Fe
HappyThoughts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by HappyThoughts View Post
I asked a similar questions a while back in regards to my brothers epilepsy medication & sadly couldn’t get a definitive answer. I even emailed Universal mid July & again a few weeks back & never got a reply back either time.

I’ve decided to take a small lightweight jacket that has an inside zip to put the medication in to wear on the rides. Though when I ring Universal later this week (for something else) I’ll be asking for a definite answer then & don’t mind coming back & letting you know what they said if you’d like 😊
If you wouldn’t mind letting me know what they come back with that would be great, otherwise I’ll look into getting a bum bag, but not sure what I’ll do when I want to ride Hulk, I’m presuming as you go through a scanner you can’t have anything in your pockets?
Fiona35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Troyston
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

I rode it today. The general rule I saw was that if it fits in your pocket you are good to go.
Troyston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyThoughts
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Fiona35 View Post
If you wouldn’t mind letting me know what they come back with that would be great, otherwise I’ll look into getting a bum bag, but not sure what I’ll do when I want to ride Hulk, I’m presuming as you go through a scanner you can’t have anything in your pockets?
Just got off the phone with universal. They’ve said there’s medical lockers at the very front of each ride that the medication can go into. You simply explain to a member of staff at the front of that ride & they’ll put it in the locker for you & return it at the end.

Hope that helps 😊

DLP: 2019, Feb: Santa Fe
HappyThoughts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by HappyThoughts View Post
Just got off the phone with universal. They’ve said there’s medical lockers at the very front of each ride that the medication can go into. You simply explain to a member of staff at the front of that ride & they’ll put it in the locker for you & return it at the end.

Hope that helps 😊
Thank you so much for that that’s great to know