Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 15 Jul 20, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

UK people never seem to get Annual pass emails, unsure why but I have never despite getting DVC and other marketing emails
Old 15 Jul 20, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
stace
Imagineer

Mobile

This is no use whatsoever to Uk ap I have flights booked for end of aug but looks like they have been cancelled now however I want to move flights till end of Oct however if I do and then flights don’t end up flying still in Oct I then cannot get the refund on my ap?

They have not thought about any uk ap holders at all in this
stace is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 20, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Birtie
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Br'er Bear View Post
If you prefer, and in lieu of the one-month extension, you may choose to cancel your annual pass(es). Your pass will remain valid through August 11, 2020 and will be canceled effective August 12, 2020.

You will be refunded for the remaining access days of your annual pass from July 11, 2020 through your pass expiration date (as extended, if applicable).
Am I understanding this right? If you choose to cancel your pass your will receive a refund from 11 July to pass expiration date in addition to a refund for the time the parks have been closed, so from March until your expiration date?
Birtie's Trip ReportsOct95~QIP,Aug97~HJ Universal Tower/Wedding,Aug03~BWMovieland/BWPlaza,Feb05~BW ML/POR,Aug07~CBR,Aug08~Rosen Plaza/Marriott Suites Clearwater, Aug09~OKW,Xmas10~ASMu, Aug11~POR,Aug12~POR, Aug13~DCL Med,Xmas13~ASMu, Aug14~RPR/POR,Feb15~Shingle Creek,Aug15~SSR/DCL Western/BC,May16~DCL Norway, Dec 16~BCV/RPR/SSR, Aug 17~AKL/DCL/POL,Aug 19~POR/DCL/BRV,Jan 20~SSR/Vero/RCL,Mar 22~ESSS/SSR,Aug 22 Road Trip, Nov 23~ESSS/SSR/DCL Wish/GF

Edited at 03:11 PM.
Birtie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 20, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Birtie View Post
Am I understanding this right? If you choose to cancel your pass your will receive a refund from 11 July to pass expiration date in addition to a refund for the time the parks have been closed, so from March until your expiration date?
Yes, I believe the refund will be from 11th July through to the original expiration date plus the 117 days the parks were closed.

Your MDE will now list the new 1-month extended expiration date which would have already been extended by the 117-days they were closed, that extra month is only for those that don't cancel.

So basically they seem to be refunding from when the parks closed through to your original expiry date.
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 20, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
fiona3103
Imagineer

fiona3103's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I’ve just spoken to the Annual Pass team and ended up cancelling my pass. I expressed my dissatisfaction at the lack of assistance to overseas Passholders and again stressed I hadn’t had an email and was only aware of the deadline as I’d seen it on here. They wouldn’t budge at all on the cancellation/extension option. It’s so short sighted. I’m reading it that the only refund I get is the unused bit from July 11th, not from park close, which means I’ll only get 6 weeks worth back. If they’d have extended/suspended my pass, like universal have done, they would have made that back in what I spend when I’m in the parks and a lot more. This has left a sour taste, and I know it’s not Disney’s fault and that they have lost billions, but a bit of good will could have gone a long way. I had to cancel my trip In March, like many others have had to do and I’ve only had some 22 days out of my pass. I know I’ll never be able to utilise it like a local, and it’s my choice to buy a pass to use but I do it to get the value from it and this time, sadly I haven’t.
fiona3103 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 20, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

My passes are in a mess, called in april to take the refund rather than extention for the dates park were closed, one pass has had that refund ~£180 the other dident despite me asking for the both to be done. Both passes have not been extended.
When I called to get the additional refund he seemed to think the other refund will come, somehow I doubt it.

Overall though what I should get is a refund from March to pass expiry, which for me was Nov 30 but is now Dec 30 as every pass was also given an additional month?

It's all very confusing.
Old 26 Jul 20, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
DiddyDan
Excited about Disney

Thank you for posting about the August 11th deadline, I didn’t know there was a deadline. What number have people used to phone up to sort out a refund on their AP? I just wondered if there was a non-US phone number.

Thanks!

Edited at 01:02 PM.
DiddyDan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 20, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by DiddyDan View Post
Thank you for posting about the August 11th deadline, I didn’t know there was a deadline. What number have people used to phone up to sort out a refund on their AP? I just wondered if there was a non-US phone number.

Thanks!
No 0800 number that I know of but others Dibbers have used 0330 117 3872 first which s a low call number to the USA and free with some providers then enter the full US passholder number and press # to start the call.

(407) WDW-PASS or (407) 939-7277.

Best to call at 12.00, so 7.00 EST when they first open.

Check out freecallstousa
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 20, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
DiddyDan
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Br'er Bear View Post
No 0800 number that I know of but others Dibbers have used 0330 117 3872 first which s a low call number to the USA and free with some providers then enter the full US passholder number and press # to start the call.

(407) WDW-PASS or (407) 939-7277.

Best to call at 12.00, so 7.00 EST when they first open.

Check out freecallstousa
Thank you so much 😊

With parents 00,01,04,07,12,13-With Dave! Xmas 08 Villa/09 Vegas-LA-San Fran/10 NY-Orlando KV, VB, RP & BLT/11 Vegas/12 LA & Disney Cali/14 DLP/15 Orlando Wedding/16 Orlando Poly & SSR & Vegas/17 Orlando BLT & SSR/17 DLP/18 Orlando
DiddyDan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 20, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Helen1512
Very Serious Dibber

We called the uk number 08000280778 they then transferred us to the US to cancel our AP. We called on a Sunday afternoon and had a long wait, over an hour, to speak to the first cast member but after transfer to the US team only waited about 15 mins before they answered. Just remember to call after 12 uk time so that the US end is open. Hope that’s helpful.