Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 4 Sep 20, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Woohoobb
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
Until this is in writing on the website then IMO it's not to be trusted.
I agree it’s frustrating they won’t change it on the website. But as we all know Disney has very clunky systems and it probably isn’t worth changing!
I’ve traced back the email this info was sent out on! It was back in March, however it only mentions res for next 30 days. This has been extended with no end date but could be at short notice.
As it wasn’t well publicised and has now been picked up by a ‘few’ podcasters it may affect people who have rented their points wanting to cancel up to the day before! Forewarned is forearmed in my opinion 🙂
Woohoobb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 20, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Br'er Bear
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Woohoobb View Post
I agree it’s frustrating they won’t change it on the website. But as we all know Disney has very clunky systems and it probably isn’t worth changing!
I’ve traced back the email this info was sent out on! It was back in March, however it only mentions res for next 30 days. This has been extended with no end date but could be at short notice.
As it wasn’t well publicised and has now been picked up by a ‘few’ podcasters it may affect people who have rented their points wanting to cancel up to the day before! Forewarned is forearmed in my opinion 🙂
Yes, we spoke to MS twice and while it was mentioned in the March email as for only 30-days, it has been extended.

They don't know for how long or how members will be notified when it reverted back.

Both castmembers did indicate that if I wasn't informed or informed in a timely manner when it reverts back and I have a reservation that I cancelled at less than 30-days and the points go into holding then I would need to contact MS and they will deal with it on a case-by-case basis.

The email was received on Sat, Mar 28, 2020 with a subject of: Important Operational Updates, where it states; Vacation Points returned due to a cancellation of a resort reservation will not be placed in a holding account and will be returned to the current Use Year. This applies to all reservations checking in within the next 30 days

It also worth noting that it also states It is our commitment to stay focused on serving you with ongoing communication and updates.

Also within that email theres a link to Phased Reopening & Important Travel Information | Disney Vacation Club at disneyvacationclub.disney.go...l-information/

There's no mention of holding points in that notice nor the other notice Disney Vacation Club Temporary Policy Updates – Frequently Asked Questions disneyvacationclub.disney.go...olicy-updates/

But it does indicate flexibilty and keeping the members informed so if you find your points are placed in holding without receiving enough notice then worth quoting those communications.

Why is Disney Vacation Club temporarily updating policies?

Our team at Disney Vacation Club is deeply appreciative of the patience and understanding shown by our Members—and the helpful feedback and kind thoughts shared with our Cast. Looking ahead to better days, our team is committed to keeping Members informed and creating additional flexibility in Membership given the unique circumstances of this crisis. We are now taking actions that go beyond the temporary updates to our cancellation policy introduced earlier.
Br'er Bear is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 20, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

The ‘case by case basis’ I would not want to chance.
Old 20 Sep 20, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

DVC won't put anything in writing - I emailed them yesterday with this question :-

We have three stays planned on points from Dec 22nd 2020 to Jan 5 2021. Can you please confirm if the holding policy for 30 days or less cancellations is still suspended and points are just being returned unaffected to the current use year?

Also, can you you please confirm that if this is the case now, but the temporary policy is then changed, we will be given adequate notice to cancel reservations without points being placed into holding if the change back to normal occurs within our 30 day window?

I am very concerned that we are going to go into our 30 day cancellation window without any clear idea if we can travel due to borders between our countries remaining closed.

I received this less than helpful reply :-

Thank you for contacting Disney Vacation Club®.
We appreciate your reaching out to us and thank you for your patience and understanding during this unprecedented time.

We invite you to contact Member Services by phone to speak with a Vacation Advisor with regards to your inquiries concerning your Vacation Points and upcoming stay.

Due to the nature of these requests we are unable to provide assistance via email or chat online. We appreciate your understanding.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

I know there's an awful lot of uncertainty at the moment, but I'd much rather there were clear, black and white guidelines, even if they're not always in our favour, at least we know where we stand.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
DVC won't put anything in writing - I emailed them yesterday with this question :-

We have three stays planned on points from Dec 22nd 2020 to Jan 5 2021. Can you please confirm if the holding policy for 30 days or less cancellations is still suspended and points are just being returned unaffected to the current use year?

Also, can you you please confirm that if this is the case now, but the temporary policy is then changed, we will be given adequate notice to cancel reservations without points being placed into holding if the change back to normal occurs within our 30 day window?

I am very concerned that we are going to go into our 30 day cancellation window without any clear idea if we can travel due to borders between our countries remaining closed.

I received this less than helpful reply :-

Thank you for contacting Disney Vacation Club®.
We appreciate your reaching out to us and thank you for your patience and understanding during this unprecedented time.

We invite you to contact Member Services by phone to speak with a Vacation Advisor with regards to your inquiries concerning your Vacation Points and upcoming stay.

Due to the nature of these requests we are unable to provide assistance via email or chat online. We appreciate your understanding.
Worrying. They don’t want to be held to anything or alternatively don’t want to be criticised if they tell the truth and it’s unpalatable.

Please do let us know how they answer your questions verbally.

This is precisely though why we can’t take any chances.