Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 22 Oct 09, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post

dining vouchers

could someone please explain the dining vouchers to me please ie

how much are they?
were can they be used?
were do you buy them from? (we have booked with dvc points)
are there different types
do they really save you money

There are 4 of us travelling 2 adults and to very hungry teenage boys.

Does anyone think its worth while doing?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 09, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
I think you have to book through Disney to get them, and stay in a Disney hotel.

There's a good explanation on dlrpmagic.com

You will be offered the level for your hotel, but you can have more expensive ones if you want.

I found them really useful but I know opinions vary.

They tend to be for a set menu (unless it's a buffet) but you can use them like cash if you want something else.

We bought the most expensive the first time. £31 would have got us a 44-Euro 3-course menu at California Grill which looked amazing, but we used it in part payment for their 7-course tasting menu instead (hey, anniversary treat!)

If you're on the cheapie vouchers, like we were last month, try Plaza Gardens in Disneyland Park. Excellent buffet and a nice restful atmosphere.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 09, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
GeriO
Imagineer

Just back. I had phoned DLP and added standard vouchers on to my break (we stayed at Hotel L'Elysee). I have a very fussy 9 yr old, so we stuck to buffet where he could have pizza and chips. We ate at Plaza gardens first night at about 6 o'clock and it was hectic. Big queues for food. The food choice was good for me and as its all-you-can-eat would probably be best for your boys.

Second day we tried again (well DS did eat something there which is an achievement) booked a table for 5pm this time and it was much better.

Third day we ate lunch at Restaurant des Stars in studios - buffet again. I enjoyed the food, bit less choice than PG, but to our horror - no chips, and pizza had bits. DS ate bread (asked for some butter which was promptly brought) a little bit of chocolate cake and an apple.

We had a McDonalds across the road from the hotel and in hindsight would probably just let DS eat out of there each day. The vouchers did save on park prices, but if eaters are fussy then you probably don't get your moneys worth as food is not 'like home'.
Old 23 Oct 09, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

We didnt get vouchers and after we came back we worked out we would have been worst off with them. We ate betweek 5 and 7 which most resturants havee big happy hour discounts. We also were handed other vouchers for discounts while in various places in the Disney Village. Meals worked out cheaper than buying the vouchers, and as you dont get change we would have been worst off.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 09, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for the tips-we will only be there two full days and a couple of half days so i think we can live on fast food for that time and survive! I have heard its expensive-i have had a quick look at the prices and its a lot of money upfront-we would need the middle ones as we are staying at hotel new york.

Just has a rough guide how much would i expect to pay for sat macdonalds for 4 adults? I am presuming there are a lot of quick service restaurents and we will stick to these or see what vouchers are available there.

Also can you buy just one day or does it have to be lenght of stay? Already had to buy a 4 day hopper each when we only have 2 days to really visit the parks! we are there 3 nights and apparently have to buy a length of stay pass each-think Mickey is having a laugh!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 09, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
It's for the length of your stay.

If you're only going to eat fast food it would probably work out cheaper not to do them.

My tip, though - avoid the hot dogs in Studios. They gave us nasty digestion problems and we met a couple who actually got food poisoning and think it was the hot dogs.

Let's just say we christened them 'Les chiens chaud avec les side-effects de Pumbaa' if that isn't Too Much Information.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 09, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
GeriO
Imagineer

Not sure if McDonalds prices in the Disney Village are the same, but a meal (menu best of they call it) is about 6.59 euros upwards. They had big mac meal on special for 5.95 in Paris yesterday.
Old 24 Oct 09, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Katie C
Imagineer

A counter service meal in the parks if you go for a set menu varies between 10 and 13 euros- but you usually get a main, sdide, drink and dessert for that and the quality is better than McD's in my opinion (we only used the McDonalds in DLP once and it was enough!)
Katie C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 09, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread