Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 31 Aug 17, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
kennycapes
Very Serious Dibber

onsite soft DIY

All,

booking onsite for the first time.

If you book via Disney Direct before the release of flights what happens if the cost of flights means you need to move the dates of your Disney booking, even if its by a day or so?

Can you move Disney dates free of charge (subject to availability)

Cheer all
August 2020 CANCELLED AKL, Aug 2023 - First time on site, lets try this again
kennycapes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 17, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
mudmonster
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Disney are very flexible at moving dates. If the cost goes up you pay nothing, if it goes down it's £50 admin fee.
mudmonster is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 17, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Mobile

If you book room only via the US Disney website you can change or cancel up to 5 days before check in (and I've done this!)
Old 31 Aug 17, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Disney UK are pretty good at moving for free as long as your new dates aren't cheaper than the old. That said, in recent years people have reported a lack of availability if they waited too long to make the change. We booked CSR on release date last year but changed our mind and changed the booking to POR a week later. The following day there were no standard rooms left for our dates and we're going September.
So in essence changing will generally not cost you any more but you should be prepared for the eventuality that your chosen resort has no rooms left for the room type you want.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 17, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
kennycapes
Very Serious Dibber

if you book way in advance of flights but need to change dates due to flight schedule how do you manage that.

It appears that Thomson only fly out twice a week (when i try to quote for a holiday next august).

Just worried that i book a room and then the flights are way expensive unless i move days by a day or 2 each way.

Thanks for the replies
August 2020 CANCELLED AKL, Aug 2023 - First time on site, lets try this again
kennycapes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 17, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by kennycapes View Post
if you book way in advance of flights but need to change dates due to flight schedule how do you manage that.

It appears that Thomson only fly out twice a week (when i try to quote for a holiday next august).

Just worried that i book a room and then the flights are way expensive unless i move days by a day or 2 each way.

Thanks for the replies
You call Disney and ask them. As above. If there is room availability and the cost of your new booking is the same or more you pay the same or the difference. If it is less you pay a £50 administration fee. Thomson are not your only airline choice though.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 17, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I've already changed my dates twice since I booked without issues - although the second time was to a cheaper package (reduced length of stay) so had to pay the admin charge. Just phoned them up, sorted within minutes.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 17, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
millienoahleo
Excited about Disney

We did this and made changes 4 times over the 18 months running up to it, less a day, then added a cruise, moved check out date, and added a split to different resort half way though, all free
Then tried to cancel Disney cruise line bus 5 weeks before going as it was cheaper to use rental car but they said we'd have to pay an admin fee (per person) so left it and cancelled rental.

Edited at 12:36 AM.
millienoahleo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List