Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Sep 17, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile Florida with a five month old?!

Hi guys,

We've very fortunately been put in the position that we may be able to do a little Florida trip next year in may with our little girl who is due in December. She will be about five months old at the time and I'm just wondering what people's experiences have been with babies in Florida? How do you cope with the heat? How was the flight? How does it impact your trip? We wouldn't be doing Disney just enjoying the food and sunshine and shopping.

Any advice welcome!

Xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 17, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Bethyboo
Excited about Disney

Bethyboo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We took our son aged five months and it was a breeze. He only slept for half hour on the flight out, but he was happy people watching and at least I didn't have to walk up and down the plane with him like other parents with slightly older babies. We flew with Virgin and the cabin crew were fab, getting the skycot storted quickly and warming bottles.

While in Florida, everything seemed easy, with
many restaurants having a sling-like high chair for him to sit in. I can't remember any issues at all. Our son is six now and that first trip was the easiest in many ways, because he just went everywhere we went, there was no moaning and asking for stuff every five minutes. A total joy!

You will love it and the baby clothes you can get in the States are wonderful.
Old 2 Sep 17, 05:15 AM  
Link to this Post
vickitoria10
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

We are here now and our daughter turned 5months last Friday whilst here. It's easy! Do it! We also have a 4yr old with is, he is much harder work! Our daughter slept most of the flight (we got a sky cot with virgin) and has been fine with the heat. She's had an extra feed a day but we've been having longer days and I checked with the health visitor before coming and I haven't been given her water too, just the extra milk. She's been absolutely fine. Make sure you bring a stroller that fully reclines and has a good hood. The baby care centres are also fab. It is the easiest age to bring them! Also the Americans love babies! So many have been cooing over our daughter!

WDW - Oct 2010 - SSR, Sept/Oct 2011 - I-Drive, May 2015 - OKW

DLP - Dec 2013, Jan 2015 - Cheyenne
vickitoria10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 17, 07:18 AM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We went with a four month old in May a few years back and it was fairly easy. Slept on plane on sky cot and happy to be in pushchair.
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 17, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Emma & Lloyd
Apprentice Imagineer

We took our little monkey last year and it was a very different Disney holiday but still amazing. It wasn't a fraction as hard as the nay sayers would have you believe (we all know those people, they have never been to Disney, but warn you off as you'd never cope with a baby!)
We obviously lived by monkey's clock which meant early mornings and early nights, but it was all wonderful.
We had a sky cot on the flight but he wouldn't lie in it, although he was pretty chilled on the way out and slept all the way on the way back.

Do it. Do it now!

Villas at Grand Floridian 2014 Cabana Bay 2015 Animal Kingdom Villas 2016 Animal Kingdom Villas 2017 Cabana Bay & Saratoga Springs 2019 Saratoga Springs 2021
Emma & Lloyd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 17, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

It's easy I've taken twin 5 month old with their 2 and 3 year old brothers too
Lots of drinks and breaks you'll be fine
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 17, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
tarik
Excited about Disney

We went in May and our son was born November. We flew with TC and they dont have sky cots so unless you were booking a seperate seat for them, dont fly TC.
Luckily we had a seat for him and took an FAA approved car seat for him to sit on the flight. He sat in there happily most of the flight and slept well enough too both there and back.

Out in FLorida it was hot, high 30s most days but was fine. We made sure he had plenty of sunscreen and kept his hat on and a parasol on his pushchair.
We also took one of those baby body wraps and he was fine just being carried around in there half he day or a night during the fireworks.

On another note he is 9 months now and rolling, crawling and trying to walk. I wouldnt like to go now as he wont stay still on the flight. Would drive me crazy haha
tarik is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List