Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Sep 17, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
RachelE
Excited about Disney

Mobile Yet another flight price thread!

Sorry for another 'is this a good price?' thread.

We are going for the first time next August (4th-24th), 2 adults, 2 children. We want to fly direct and my husband only wants to fly BA or Virgin (I don't know why, but hey ho).

Virgin haven't released flights for August yet, but BA have them up to around the 21st, so it won't be long now. If the prices for 24th are around the same as for the previous few days, we are looking at around £3400 - does that sound fair for direct in August? I am quite risk averse (this is a once in a lifetime trip, years in the planning), so whilst I'm sure if I held my nerve for a sale, I might get it cheaper, but I'm not sure I can risk that.

Thanks in advance.
RachelE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 17, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
gemboss
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

I've just booked for 7th-28th August with Thomas Cook from Manchester; 1A 1C and it cost me £1762. Priced it up with Thomson and they wanted just over £2400!
gemboss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 17, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Both above prices are what I would describe as typical for August.

I personally only book when prices are below £750pp direct from Manchester. Have managed this every year.
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 17, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

As Moorlandman has said above, they are average August prices. Could you get them cheaper? Possibly. Probably. But it would mean you need to check often and jump when the right price comes along. If you'd rather concentrate on convenience rather than price, you're not necessarily paying over the odds at that price.
2022 - Margaritaville & RPR --- 2023 - Villa & RPR & Surfside
Shani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 17, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
dor1
Getting Excited

dor1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Have a look at Thomas Cook flights on flythomascook.
Ive used various airlines,including the ones your husband wants to fly with,and found TC alot cheaper.
You dont get the free virgin socks or the free drink but you might save a few quid.
Good luck.
Old 1 Sep 17, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
RachelE
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thomas Cook is over £3900, so quite a lot more, plus DH just won't fly with them.

The fact that BA is a good deal cheaper than TC is one of the reasons I am quite tempted.
RachelE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 17, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
memphis69
Very Serious Dibber

Just got back today Paid £1900 with BA for 2 adults & 2 teens including SUV in & out of Tampa
this is our 5th trip and never paid anymore, will never use MCO anymore tampa was so much better from landing to driving out of Airport took 50mins! so yes to answer your question that is expensive.
memphis69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 17, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
kennycapes
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by memphis69 View Post
Just got back today Paid £1900 with BA for 2 adults & 2 teens including SUV in & out of Tampa
this is our 5th trip and never paid anymore, will never use MCO anymore tampa was so much better from landing to driving out of Airport took 50mins! so yes to answer your question that is expensive.
May I ask where you fly from?
August 2020 CANCELLED AKL, Aug 2023 - First time on site, lets try this again
kennycapes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 17, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
COL41
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by memphis69 View Post
That's what we paid for the four of us direct Heathrow to Miami at the end of July with BA flydrive and SUV. So hard not knowing whether there'll be another amazing sale for next summer
2001 DLP hen weekend, 2006 DLP Sequoia Lodge, 2009 Hotel Cheyenne (my 40th), 2012 WDW Orlando & St Petes Beach, 2015 Miami, Orlando & Clearwater. 2017 Miami and Cape Coral 2019 NYC for BFF 50th, 2020 Orlando (cancelled due to Covid ) 2021 NYC with the family
COL41 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 17, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
RachelE
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks. We aren't hiring a car and only want to fly into MCO, as we plan to use the Magical Express.