Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 21 Feb 18, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Whispering canyon skillet question

Hi, we are going to WC with friends so there will be 10 of us, 6-7 of us want the skillet.
I know that you don’t get a skillet each and it’s just loaded up and re filled but will 6-7 of us share from one skillet?
Surely they will give us a couple so everyone can reach easily without everyone grabbing at the same time?
This is really stressing me out because I don’t want to share a skillet with a non family member (sorry but I am weird) even my husband knows to let me choose first lol
Or will it be just one for so many people?
Thanks for any help
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post

A table of 6 next to us when we dined had two skillets on their table so I think you would get the same or even a third. I guess it would depend on the table shape you were at, this one was rectangular and not the larger circle ones.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Originally Posted by klairbear View Post
A table of 6 next to us when we dined had two skillets on their table so I think you would get the same or even a third. I guess it would depend on the table shape you were at, this one was rectangular and not the larger circle ones.
Oh thank goodness! I could just imagine us fighting over the last rib lol
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
KRBarnard
Very Serious Dibber

KRBarnard's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The skillet is "all you care to eat" and they will just keep bringing it until you're finished. I hope you enjoy it, we really didn't and we wouldn't go back. The meat was all chewy and the ribs were very fatty and I hate fatty meat. The stupid ketchup game was very annoying and I really would only recommend it to families with younger children, certainly not to a group of adults only.
Gateway Inn '97 Radisson Barcelo '99 Quality Inn Plaza '01 Quality Inn Int'l '03 La Quinta Inns&Suites '05 B.W. Movieland '07 Holiday Inn '08 & '09 Indian Creek '10 & '11 Vista Cay '12 Rosen Inn @ Pointe and Miami '13 Vista Cay '13,'14,'15,'16 CBR '16 Tampa, POR & SSR '17 OKW + Vista Cay '18 Windsor Hills '19 Vista Cay'22
KRBarnard is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by KRBarnard View Post
The skillet is "all you care to eat" and they will just keep bringing it until you're finished. I hope you enjoy it, we really didn't and we wouldn't go back. The meat was all chewy and the ribs were very fatty and I hate fatty meat. The stupid ketchup game was very annoying and I really would only recommend it to families with younger children, certainly not to a group of adults only.
Oh no, fatty ribs will not go down very well 😤
To be honest we have booked this for a laugh not really for the food. I just cringe when I think of non family members touching my food when grabbing an item ☺️
There is a mix of age, it’s actually my friends daughter 17th birthday and my youngest will be 5. We are all slightly mad and love a good laugh so we are hoping to get a really good experience (as long as no one touches my food &#129315
They used to do a 10 gallon hat which we would love to share but it’s not in the menu anymore ?
Old 22 Feb 18, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
The skillet is great! We went in 2016 and returned in 2017 as our only onsite meal we enjoyed it that much. The meat for us wasn't fatty in the slightest. Enjoy 🤗😁
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Elise79
Imagineer

Mobile

If it helps you don’t pick the food up with your fingers - they provide tongs/spoons.
Elise79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 18, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Elise79 View Post
If it helps you don’t pick the food up with your fingers - they provide tongs/spoons.
I did see those on the pictures but my friends husband is a ‘hands in and grab’ kind of guy! 🙈🙈
Old 24 Feb 18, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella Girl
slightly serious Dibber

Bella Girl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Silly question- does anyone know if the price quoted on the menu ($32 individual) is per person or per skillet?
Bella Girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 18, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
POFQfan
slightly serious Dibber

It's per person
POFQfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List