Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Sep 17, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkertangled
Imagineer

Mobile

We had problems this year too. First time in 4 years of using fairfx we have had a problem.
We use a credit card against the room but you have to pay before midnight otherwise they automatically charge not 2pm.
We tried to pay the balance a week into our stay and the card wouldn't go through luckily we were able to call and they sorted it out. They thought it was a fraudulent transaction as it was being used in the US - a little bizarre seeing as it's a US pre paid card!
We also got it declined in Target one day so we had to find a cash point and get cash out to pay as it was the weekend and you can't contact them on the weekend.
We used it in other places that same day with no problem however.
Like I say first time we have had any issues but the fact you can't always contact them has now made us wary and we might use something else next time. We always take a credit card with us as emergency backup and for securing against our room but we dont tend to carry it with us when we are out as we don't really want to be using it when we have a card loaded with money.
Tinkertangled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 17, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

Don't worry about having your debit card for room charges it won't be charged against as long as you go to reception before midnight on your last night you can use any card to pay the balance. I did paid mine on Friday with a combination of 2 Fairfx cards and the $200 gift card.

We have never used our Fairfx cards for hotel holds I use my PO credit card then always pay off with Fairfx card.

We also had problems in target it was the only place that wouldn't accept it for some reason.
Old 3 Sep 17, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Cosworth
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Florida dreamr View Post
Do they still do travellers checks nowadays? i always prefaired them
Yes, we still use them every time we go. Tesco were selling them for $1.27 on Thursday, over the counter, no pre-ordering and no fees (unlike the Post Office).
Cosworth is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 17, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
i_am_armo
Apprentice Imagineer

had problems twice whilst there couple of weeks ago.

OP open the app and check balance, ask concierge what they have loaded to it as security against the room, make sure the balance is greater than zero.

If all good email them and they will reposed very quickly (use app help button)

i_am_armo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 17, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
philo2
Apprentice Imagineer

Fairfx don't have anyone to contact over the weekends. Even the lost and stolen num is automated. You can send an email but they won't answer it quickly. When it's working fine fairfx is brilliant but when you have a problem especially over a weekend they are poor.
I do believe that it's a new thing this year with banks that you can't put a hold against a prepaid card. To be honest we did it once a few years ago with floridays and they held a large amount of money on our fairfx card for a week after we left them so we couldn,t use our spends. I'd keep your debit card as you hold card if you can afford to and pay it off with your fairfx like others have suggested.
philo2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 17, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
philo2
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wooden Top View Post
Always use fairfx however some places it just doesn't work. Never been able to use it at Target over the years and not too sure why but seems to work in publix and throughout Disney.
Fairfx have told us they block all transactions in target due to large amounts of fraud coming from there.
philo2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 17, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by philo2 View Post
Fairfx have told us they block all transactions in target due to large amounts of fraud coming from there.
I hadn't exactly the same reply after problems this time. ( I can't recall issues before) l. No problems anywhere else
Old 3 Sep 17, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Yes they do. Some places don't accept them, and younger staff don't know what to do with them so need to get a manager.

We used ours in Disney and Universal - charged everything to the room and used TCs to pay the balance. That was in 2014.
Exactly what we did this month. Used debit card for hold but no obvious charge hit my account.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 17, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by philo2 View Post
Thanks that explains why ours didn't work there.