Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 23 Aug 19, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
A&S&O
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Abbysmum View Post
We're there tonight, I'll see if I can get one
Thank you so much. They hand them out at the Fire Station.
We just can't justify the price of the party this year.
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW, 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLP x3, 2015 DLR + DLP x2, 2016 WDW + DLP x2, 2017 WDWx2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2, 2019 WDWx2, 2022 WDWx2, 2023 DLP x2. 2024 DLP x2, WDW. 2025 planning WDW.
A&S&O is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Abbysmum
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by A&S&O View Post
Thank you so much. They hand them out at the Fire Station.
We just can't justify the price of the party this year.
No problem at all, we picked one up for you. Can you PM me your address and I'll pop it in the post when we're home
Abbysmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Derbydave4
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Went on 23rd incredibly busy from previous years only got on five rides (wait time at 11.30 for Space and 7DMT was 25mins) Great parade and Fireworks but not sure the cost is now justified given the vast number of tickets being sold No idea how you guys cope in October when it’s sold out, used to be a really enjoyable evening but last night was just rushing from place to place and endless queuing
Derbydave4 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 04:06 AM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

We went yesterday and thought it was quieter than last year at the same time, unlike the parks in general which seem a lot busier. We were just happy it stayed dry so we got to see the headless horseman unlike last year. We actually did everything we wanted to do and actually left early.
The new fireworks are really pretty and was very impressed by that show!

Edited at 04:09 AM.
RobandLynsey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 04:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneybears
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We went on 20th August and found it very busy. We got stuck on Splash Mountain and had to be freed from the flume so missed the fireworks. I was absolutely gutted as really wanted to see them. I was a bit annoyed as there were obviously problems just before they loaded is all on, 30 seconds later stuck for 20 minutes. 😒
Disneybears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 04:29 AM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Disneybears View Post
We went on 20th August and found it very busy. We got stuck on Splash Mountain and had to be freed from the flume so missed the fireworks. I was absolutely gutted as really wanted to see them. I was a bit annoyed as there were obviously problems just before they loaded is all on, 30 seconds later stuck for 20 minutes. 😒
Oh no that’s terrible, my advice would be to write an email to them explaining how disappointed you are with them over this. You never know what they may offer.
Old 25 Aug 19, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
danables
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

I didnt even know what the abbreviation meant till I found this post. We are on holiday here at the moment and have just booked it for the day after tomorrow- our first time at this event. We travelled yesterday to a halloween shop in winter park and got my 11 and 13 year old costumes as target are only just stocking their shelves with halloween goodies but no costumes are out yet.
danables is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 04:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Ricky_Spanish
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Just got back from this and have to say am 50:50 with it. Started of well by hitting sdmt and a couple of other rides, then it went downhill. Kids had a melt down and park became really busy which ruined it. Just about caught the parade but mr tall stood in front of us and we had no chance with the fireworks. Arrived slightly late and there was absolutely nowhere to stand (thankfully got a good view a couple of nights ago). Saw no characters anywhere apart from the parade and I thought they were meant to be knocking about all over the place.

Edited at 04:46 AM.
Ricky_Spanish is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 04:58 AM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Ricky_Spanish View Post
Just got back from this and have to say am 50:50 with it. Started of well by hitting sdmt and a couple of other rides, then it went downhill. Kids had a melt down and park became really busy which ruined it. Just about caught the parade but mr tall stood in front of us and we had no chance with the fireworks. Arrived slightly late and there was absolutely nowhere to stand (thankfully got a good view a couple of nights ago). Saw no characters anywhere apart from the parade and I thought they were meant to be knocking about all over the place.
I’m afraid the characters are never knocking about and often have long lines to meet and greet. For the fireworks for future reference or anyone else who gets there later, a good place is on the bridge between Main Street and the hub as it is slightly raised, especially if you can get a bin in front of you so not a tall person. The parade is just annoying when that happens, we were sat on a kerb in Main Street and when the parade started remained seated so that the smaller ones behind us could enjoy as well, yes I had a numb bum but at least everyone around us could see!

We watched your fireworks from California Grill this evening which is great as they are a really pretty especially the ghost ones!

Edited at 05:01 AM.
RobandLynsey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Mobile

We are booked to do this for our first time on the 10th sep really looking forward to it 😊 🤞it lives up to all our expectations.
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List