Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Apr 17, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by eddymunster View Post
Same goes for Sanford, much nicer and quieter than MCO.
I think Thomas Cook is the only airline that flies to Sanford from the UK. B.A. flies to Tampa from Gatwick.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 17, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by papasmurf View Post
Maybe it's just me, but part of a dining experience is going in, getting seated, looking and discussing the menu and deciding.

Pre ordering seems to fast food like for my liking.
It's for the quick service breakfast/lunch options where you order while you queue anyway. You don't sit down and look at the menu before you order.

So you either pre order, walk up, pay, then enter, choose your seat and food is brought over to you. Or queue, tap your food order into a screen, pay, then go through and choose your seat and food is brought to you.

Edited at 03:13 PM.
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 17, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
papasmurf
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny View Post
It's for the quick service breakfast/lunch options where you order while you queue anyway. You don't sit down and look at the menu before you order.

So you either pre order, walk up, pay, then enter, choose your seat and food is brought over to you. Or queue, tap your food order into a screen, pay, then go through and choose your seat and food is brought to you.
Ahhhh that makes sense.
papasmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 17, 02:27 AM  
Link to this Post
DarcyMellington
I want to go now!

Mobile

Not sure if this is already posted but Aldi have a good and cheap range of vegetarian frozen food, Chipotle Bean Burgers are our favourite so far!
DarcyMellington is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 17, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Kazeroo
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by TheAfter View Post
I think Thomas Cook is the only airline that flies to Sanford from the UK. B.A. flies to Tampa from Gatwick.
It's Thomsons that fly into Sanford.
Kazeroo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 17, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
PixieBoot
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by JellyEllieBean View Post
Our best tip from this year, in the morning on our visit to the parks we wanted to avoid the long bag check queues and usually I take small back pack and end up carrying everything so I had a small purse that had a key ring clip, I kept a credit card, driving licence, dollars and the car key in it. Then I'd ordered ponchos that fit in small clip on pouches, so everyone clipped those on their shorts and I also got a small fold up rucksack, this was really lightweight and was small enough to fit in my pocket, I only took this in case we needed the ponchos and I could chuck them in rucksack once rain stopped. DH put camera and phone in his zip up pockets.

This probably sounds really silly, but for me it was so lovely not carrying everything and my back hurting because we end up taking stuff we don't really need.

The evening/afternoon bag check queue wasn't bad so I'd take my Kipling multiple as a bum bag and I could fit my nicer slightly bigger camera in this
Where can I order these titchy ponchos pls?

Oct 2003 couples hol Kissimmee > WDW, Universal, Seaworld, Busch, Daytona

Jul 2015 Family of 5 Kissimmee/RPR Club > Universal, Wet n Wild, Kennedy SC, WDW

Aug 2018 Family if 5 AMI/RPR Club/Kissimmee > Universal, VBay, WDW

Hopeful for Jul 2021 > RPR Club/Y Club
PixieBoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
elliecjno1
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Question Must Do's for a first timer!

My boyfriend & I are heading over next April for 2 weeks, I've been before but it's his first time!

He's super excited (also a Disney freak!), can't wait to get started on our itinerary when it gets a bit closer but for now all we have booked is the villa.

What would you suggest as MUST do's as far as experiences & dining venues are concerned? We're going to do as many rides as poss but I'm clueless when it comes to a few nice places to eat restaurant wise in the parks & Disney Springs. Also are there any experiences you would recommend that I can realistically book? I would love to do the Wishes (or whatever it is then) dessert party but realise it's nearly impossible at the best of times let alone staying off site.

Thanks!
April '18 - WDW - POFQ & Emerald Island Villa

MAY '20 - WDW - POFQ & AMI CANCELLED BY COVID
elliecjno1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 17, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
travelgirl
Excited about Disney

travelgirl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Thermos bottles

A good tip to keep your drinks nice and cool is to buy some of these thermos bottles that keep drinks cold for 24 hours. We left one in the car while we were at Epcot the other day and it was too hot to touch when we got back but the water inside was icy cold. They have them in Walmart for around $8 a real bargain.
Old 22 May 17, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
eddymunster
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Kazeroo View Post
It's Thomsons that fly into Sanford.
Yes, we fly with Thomson to Sanford.
eddymunster is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 17, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post

Additionally attempt Here maps. No information required so superior to waze. Simply download the application and the Florida guide to your gadget and you have a free sat nav with cutting-edge maps. Utilized it for 3 weeks while over where and its spot on.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List