Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Sep 16, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Avois vs BA Exec Club Avios

I have booked BA flights, so I am trying to work out how to set up an Avois account to collect some points, and maybe also link to my Tesco Clubcard?

I can see there are 2 versions of Avois? Does it matter which I choose?

Ideally, I was going to set up a household account, but it says on the normal Avios site that if I convert my account to a household account then I can't move the points to the BA exec Avios.

I am struggling to register with the BA Exec, it keeps asking me for a business address, so it maybe I have no choice but to use the normal Avios, but I'd like to know if there are any pitfalls to my plan.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 16, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
nanu
Imagineer

I don't know the answer to your question but just to say that I enrolled both myself and my husband in the executive club this morning and linked them to a household account without any issues. Have you ticked the "business" button by mistake? It could also be that it's in meltdown due to all the extra bookings.
1988 New York Penta & Orl. Radisson Maingate 1990 Orl. Marriott I-Drive, Premier Cruise & Cocoa Beach Hilton 1997 Orl. La Suites I-Drive 2002 Orl. Port Orleans Riverside 2006 Las Vegas Luxor 2007 Orl. Port Orleans French Quarter 2010 Orl. Windsor Palms villa 2012 Orl. Rolling Hills villa & RPR Universal 2015 Orl. Indian Creek villa & Naples Bay Resort 2017 Orl. Highlands Reserve villa 2018 Barefoot Beach Resort & Orl. Highgate Park villa
nanu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 16, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

I have both accounts. We have a family account with BA Executive, and currently a household account with Avios but are cancelling it. They offer slightly different deals. Me, DH and DD x2 are all in a ba executive household account and we do surveys with e-rewards to bump this up so 4 e-rewards accounts. DH and I are also in a household avios account (again, signed up to e-rewards so 2 more accounts, I must get a life rather than just surveys!) where we pooled our avios to get a free night in an airport hotel in Miami. We have some avios left which I want to move to BA executive (I want to book a free night at RPR but can't do this via avios, only BA executive) but can't as it is a household account. There is a form on avios to unlink a household account so I filled this in last week and e-mailed it to them. Once our household account is unlinked, we get half the avios points each which we can then transfer to BA executive to add them towards a room at RPR. We can then re-link our avios accounts to a household account again if we want to.

Hope that makes sense

Edited at 05:30 PM.
fizzypop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 16, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by fizzypop View Post
I have both accounts. We have a family account with BA Executive, and currently a household account with Avios but are cancelling it. They offer slightly different deals. Me, DH and DD x2 are all in a ba executive household account and we do surveys with e-rewards to bump this up so 4 e-rewards accounts. DH and I are also in a household avios account where we pooled our avios to get a free night in an airport hotel in Miami. We have some avios left which I want to move to BA executive (I want to book a free night at RPR but can't do this via avios, only BA executive) but can't as it is a household account. There is a form on avios to unlink a household account so I filled this in last week and e-mailed it to them. Once our household account is unlinked, we get half the avios points each which we can then transfer to BA executive to add them towards a room at RPR. We can then re-link our avios accounts to a household account again if we want to.

Hope that makes sense
Yes, amazingly it does!
seems overly complicated having to split them to move but if it can be done, then that's ok.

I have managed to create the BA Exec club account now, no idea what I was doing wrong but I started again with a different email address and it's all set up now.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 16, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

It is complicted but it seems to work in the end. I am trying to save my tesco clubcard points so don't want to change them into any sort of avios. The surveys are boring especially as we are running several accounts but for a freebie night at RPR hopefully at club level and a free night at the Sheraton in Miami, I am sure we will survive!
fizzypop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 16, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hi Bev, I'd suggest you set up both and transfer a few tesco cc into each once every 12 months as when you've collected a few avios down the line it will allow you to make reward saver flights for £35pp that will include 23kg...very handy if you need to boomerang to Dublin/Jersey etc or get to/back from NCL.
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 16, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
phoebe23
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Hi Bev. We had avios accounts linked in a joint household and did exactly as fizzypop by separating them as we had a BA exec 2 for 1 Companion voucher and needed to move all avios over to BA. We decided to leave them as seperate and pool them all in BA household so we can use the voucher and book 2 seats without phoning with hubby's authorisation for a solo account.
phoebe23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 16, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
MikeC1964
Very Serious Dibber

OK, Dopey from Derby here. Hope I'm not hijacking the thread...

I've never done any of this avios / air miles stuff before, but as I was led to believe that BA Executive Club membership means that I can have a second free driver on our car hire (I've just snagged one of the BA deals going at the moment). I haven't quote figured out how to arrange the seond (free driver), but that's for another day.

So, looking at my BA EC account, it appears that all four members of our party have gained 2314 Avios Points and 50 Tier Points for the booking. I have managed to add my BA EC membership number.

I also joined Avios thinking that was what I was supposed to do and I was trying to figure out how to link the two as I assumed any Avios points that BA give me would be shown in my (separate) Avios, but it appears that it was not the case.

Therefore is it best moving forwards to set up a family account and register the rest of them with BA EC? It appears I have an option to link either an Avios membership number OR a BA EC membeship number, but not both.

If I want to earn further Avios with BA then presumably I have to buy stuff through my BA EX account? And I assume that if I have linked to a BA EC membership those point stay within that account (for redemption purposes), but if I link an Avios membership they will appear there and be redeemable there too?

With (non-BA) Avios is the way I earn points either by purchasing through their e-store, or having an Avios linked credit card or by having a relevant account with the supplier (Shell for example with petrol) and then linking my Avios account to that?

Thanks for being patient!
Old 12 Sep 16, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Loftus
Imagineer

Your BAEC and Avios accounts are totally separate. Avios earned in one will not appear in the other unless you transfer them using the Combine My Avios tool on the Avios website.
Loftus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 16, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
MikeC1964
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks. I'm assuming that although the BA EC accounts shows the points that I have earned above that they won't register on 'My Avios' until after the holiday?