dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Day 5 Part 1

Monday 21st October

Breakfast

All Star Music Intermission Food Court

Later start today after our late night watching the MNSSHP fireworks.

We had breakfast at 9am in the foodcourt.

Only time I used mobile order here. It worked fine but not every item on menu was on mobile order and it was never busy so rest of time we just ordered as normal and paid at till.

We used 1 QS on the 3 choc chip pancakes with bacon and sausage. I asked if I could swap drink for the yoghurt parfait and that was fine. We used a refill mug for coffee and DD got a cup of water (didn't want to take both mugs to the park and she only drinks water at breakfast). I also picked up an extra plate when I collected the food.

This was very tasty and plenty of food to share. We never got around to having another QS breakfast but would definitely have again.

I had a pancake and the parfait and DD has the rest. We still left some despite sharing.

Pancakes $12.49 plus tax $13.36

Parfait $5.79 pus tax $6.20

Total 1 QS or $19.56

First visit to Hollywood Studios today

Didn't eat here but these looked great for a snack credit. Stall near Indiana Jones.

Lunch Me

Woody's Lunch Box HS

I wanted to try here. I was still quite early but I got the grilled cheese with tomato soup $8.99 and a grown up lemonade $12 for a QS. Drink was cherry vodka, lemonage and black cherry puree.

The sandwich came with potato barrels or the soup, I got soup and the tomato basil soup was very nice.

DD got a diet coke for a snack. $3.99

She did try the sandwich but not keen

Particulary enjoyed the drink but I like cherry flavoured things.

It was quite busy but we managed to get a table. Would definitely eat here again. The theming is lovely, DD appreciated the babybel chairs.

Starbucks

Trenta pink drink for a snack credit for DD

Starwberry acai with coconut milk

She would have used all her snacks in Starbucks. She is missing this drink.$5.29 plus tax $5.63

Lunch DD

Catalina Eddie's HS

DD had a cheese pizza. It came with a small casear salad I ate and I got her free water and me a very berry lemonade $12 (rum, lemonade and strawberry puree)

She likes the disney pizza, ate it all. My drink was nice.

Anna won't be impressed I've posted this photo!

$9.99 for meal and $12 drink

$21.99 plus tax $23.42 or 1 QS

dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Day 5 Continued

Dinner Hollywood and Vine Fantasmic package HS

Photo from earlier in day before the rain

First time here. We usualy do Mama melrose fantasmic package but food and service were poor last time and I fancied a change.

We were in the Frozen sing a long when the heavens opened. It was raining so heavily. As a result no one was leaving and we couldn't get out to go to our adr.

We checked in late. They were running behind anyway as no one was leaving the restaurant. It was chaotic with people trying to shetler.

We were seated at a small table but the location was fine for getting to the buffet and characters. Server was very good here again

The characters were dressed up in halloween costumes. Most come to the table and they give you a ticket to go up to Minnie where there is a photopass photopgrapher. We were sittng nearby so went up when there was no line.

It is noisy in here, tiled floor and a lot of families in. It feels like a diner.

The buffet was huge with lots of choice and very clean with staff cleaning and refilling. A lot of the staff here were older and very friendly a couple of cms chatted to me. There was soup and salads to start. Then carved meat, fish and lots of vegetables. There was an area for kids with nuggets etc.

Then a separate section with desserts.

Dd had diet coke. As I was on DDP I could have a cocktail so had a madical star with a glow cube $15

I personally really enjoyed this buffet as there was lots of choice and lots of veg. I did have 2 platefuls. DD was telling me off for how much I was eating!

DD managed to find stuff she would eat - mac and cheese, sweetcorn, nuggets and potato barrels.

I had sprouts, green beans, roasted veg, salmon, ilapia, carved meats.

Desserts were all nice enough, cookies, cupcakes and two pudding and custard type things. DD was happy with what she chose. I had a carrot cake, some fruit and apple cobbler and custard.

Cost was $62 each plus $15 for my coctail. An eyewatering $148.04 plus tip or 2 TS plus tip

I enjoyed it and would do again. Obviously is loud but all the staff were nice and the characters fun and there was lots of food to chose from.

My Minnie photos are still on my photopass, need to transfer them.

Think it was our most expensive 1 TS meal.

They gave us 2 paper tickets for fantasmic at 7.30pm. We got good seats in the reserved section.

Starbucks again HS

Cup of free water for me, Starbucks do the best free water

DD had a venti java chip frappuchino for a snack credit $5.99 plus tax $6.38

Total Day 5

Breakfast food court 1 QS $19.56

Lunch me 1 QS and 1 snack $26.60

Starbucks 1 snack $5.63

Lunch DD 1 QS $23.42

Dinner 2 TS $148.04

Starbucks 1 snack $6.38

Total day 5 $229.63

dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Another fabulous couple of days. Strange server you had in the California Grill, when we went ours encouraged us to try everything. Disappointing about no soft drinks as well.
Old 20 Nov 19, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
Another fabulous couple of days. Strange server you had in the California Grill, when we went ours encouraged us to try everything. Disappointing about no soft drinks as well.
Thanks for reading. DD did get a soda but it just felt a bit off that there was nothing on arrival or offered.

If I hadn't have asked it would have been 1 entree each she never explained you could have more than 1.
Old 20 Nov 19, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Really enjoying the report so far! Great to see a review of the burgers and sundae meal. We cancelled ours but in hindsight I wish I’d kept it. If they do it next year I’m definitely booking it.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Really enjoying the report so far! Great to see a review of the burgers and sundae meal. We cancelled ours but in hindsight I wish I’d kept it. If they do it next year I’m definitely booking it.
I really enjoyed it. It was well worth it for a QS. Hope they do continue it.
Old 21 Nov 19, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
belle&tink
Trainee Dibber

Loving your report!

I am also a fellow slimming worlder. Lost 2stone 3 so far since July and would love another stone off before our trip in february.

Looking forward to more of your report x
belle&tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by belle&tink View Post
Loving your report!

I am also a fellow slimming worlder. Lost 2stone 3 so far since July and would love another stone off before our trip in february.

Looking forward to more of your report x
Well done on your weightloss. Thanks for reading.
Old 21 Nov 19, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
vowels
Imagineer

Great report, as always.

My eight year old has been looking through your posts and asked if you were a YouTuber.

He said if you decide to start vlogging, he wants to be your first subscriber. Please keep us updated if you decide to give the Disney Food Blog a run for their money!

Edited at 10:02 PM.
vowels is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Tassiriki
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Another great couple of days. I love the ears you were both wearing on day 4. Are they officially Disney or another seller?
What a shame re service in Cali Grill. The food looks lovely and I am sure something could have been adapted for Anna. You have some lovely photos from there though. I am considering going with my sister and leaving all the kids with the husbands 😂
The selection of cocktails in HS looks delicious too!
Tassiriki is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List