Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 25 Jul 21, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Magics
Very Serious Dibber

Dining credit

What do you think about the dining credits ? I’m very disappointed that when I try and book it’s seems to be for the more expensive rooms is anyone else finding the same?
Old 25 Jul 21, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

It depends which resort you're trying to book. Certainly true for most of the moderates, but CSR standards are included. All value standards other than AoA also included. I haven't looked at deluxe TBH, since they priced themselves above what I'm willing to pay a few years ago now.

For me, the deal is actually better than the old dining plan as it's a lot more flexible in how it can be spent. And as a solo traveller staying at a value, $36 per day is much more valuable than 1 QS credit. But I realise I'm in the minority and that most families are much worse off with this offer.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 21, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariesmith
Imagineer

I think a lot of the included room categories are sold out.

We booked a week onsite with ATD when the offer first came out. 2 standard rooms at Coronado springs with the dining credits and $250 gift cards.

The only options available now are the more expensive rooms
Mariesmith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 21, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Disney have excluded the room categories they think will sell regardless.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

The offer has been out for so long now I think its just that most of the standard rooms have sold out. I know I tried to change my booking for All Star Movies for example and even though trying to reduce number of nights it wouldn't allow me to I had to change to All Star Music instead as the resort offer rooms had sold out. There are some standard rooms available but a lot of the moderate and above excluded standard rooms which is why I went budget option.
Old 26 Jul 21, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
rayraygreen
Excited about Disney

We got it for Port Orleans Riverside. It was only on the Garden View or Royal Rooms and not the standard ones but the Garden View was only £100 more for the two weeks so we thought it was worth it to get the offer.
Hollywood Studios CM - 2013
Epcot UK Pavilion CM - 2017-2018
rayraygreen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Coffeedrinker
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Magics View Post
What do you think about the dining credits ? I’m very disappointed that when I try and book it’s seems to be for the more expensive rooms is anyone else finding the same?
Our WDW trips in 2014 (POFQ) & 2018 (POR) included the free QSDP, and we found it took so much stress out of our holidays not having to worry about food & budgeting.

Booked for May 2022 with the current offer, initially at CBR and then moved to POFQ as soon as reservations were available. The base level rooms at each of the moderate resorts did not include the $427 dining credits + $200 gift card option. Stepping up a level to a room inclusive of the offer and the cost of the room increase was less than the dining credits+gift card value.

Which resort & dates are you considering? It does look as though this particular offer has netted plenty of interest/business from the UK. Whilst I’d would have preferred the free, all inclusive QSDP we;ve enjoyed on previous trips, the $427 dining credit, $200 gift card and room celebration pack is still worth our while. (I’ve rationalised it that the QSDP equivalent will
2022: Port Orleans French Quarter
2023: Port Orleans French Quarter (October!}
Coffeedrinker is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List