Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Jul 18, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Smitfire
Helping Mickey

We fly Virgin on 9th August, Heathrow to San Francisco, on to Monterey then finish in Yosemite before flying back on 27th August from SFO.

Just making plan B in case we cancel Yosemite - not sure yet but likely head for Lake Tahoe or Napa Valley, somewhere more North.
Old 24 Jul 18, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
lynne6705
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

We are flying to LA on the 15 August and like most people on this thread I am keeping a close eye on the Yosemite situation
lynne6705 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 18, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Hooray4Disney
Imagineer

Hooray4Disney's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Smitfire View Post
We fly Virgin on 9th August, Heathrow to San Francisco, on to Monterey then finish in Yosemite before flying back on 27th August from SFO.

Just making plan B in case we cancel Yosemite - not sure yet but likely head for Lake Tahoe or Napa Valley, somewhere more North.
We’re finding Yosemite such a difficult decision to make. We are supposed to be there on 14th - 18th.
2002 - Hampton Lakes, WDW. 2003 - Westridge Villas, WDW. 2005, 2008, 2011 Formosa Blvd, WDW. 2010, 2013 Hotel Cheyenne, DLP. 2014 OKW/Westridge, WDW. 2015 - NYC, DCA & Rotonda West. 2016 - Hotel Kyriad, DLP. 2016 - Toronto 2017 - OKW, Bahama Bay & The Keys 2018 - Vegas, Yellowstone, San Francisco, L.A. 2018 DLP - Hotel B&B 2019 - Lake Berkeley, WDW. 2022 - Seattle/Hawaii
Hooray4Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 18, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
lynne6705
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Originally Posted by Hooray4Disney View Post
We’re finding Yosemite such a difficult decision to make. We are supposed to be there on 14th - 18th.
Just reading now that the park is being closed from noon tomorrow, but the articles do state that the fire is no 25% contained which is a big improvement from the 6% contained that it was a couple of days ago (unless I am reading this wrong) think the smoke issue is a big part of the evacuation as it is now classed as hazardous.

I have booked a back up in Sequoia Valley but really hoping that i can cancel this as this whole trip was booked based on my desire to go to Yosemite
lynne6705 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 18, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Jo2600
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We aren’t doing Yosemite but I hope all of you who were planning on it still manage to get there!
Lots of lovely plans going on!

We go over for my sisters wedding which I am super excited about, and we are joined by my 4 year old little boy and 1 year old little girl to make things more interesting
I am a bit concerned about the flight with my youngest just becasue she is at that stage where she is into everything and just doesn’t want to sit still really, so we will see how that goes.
Wedding Cypress Grove April 2013
Windsor Hills villa 2016 first trip with our little boy
Jo2600 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 18, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

6-30 August
LHR to LA
We hadn’t planned Yosemite this time but hope it turns out Ok for all those who have
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 18, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Wishing
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Smitfire View Post

We're on the same flight out as you! Doing SF, Monterey and then down to Disneyland.
DCL: '14 Disney Magic.
Disney Wishing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 18, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jo2600 View Post
We aren’t doing Yosemite but I hope all of you who were planning on it still manage to get there!
Lots of lovely plans going on!

We go over for my sisters wedding which I am super excited about, and we are joined by my 4 year old little boy and 1 year old little girl to make things more interesting
I am a bit concerned about the flight with my youngest just becasue she is at that stage where she is into everything and just doesn’t want to sit still really, so we will see how that goes.
Do you know any of the plans for the wedding Jo2600?

My sister is also getting married in Vegas at the end of August. Glass Gardens at The Chapel of Flowers, meal at Aria buffet. Hen party (we're calling it bachelorette as it's in Vegas!) on the Saturday night - Happy Hour in the High Roller, something to eat and then to see Magic Mike
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 18, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
sweety_pie_747
Proud to wear my Ears

I'm going on the 25th August until the 28th August. Another solo adventure to DL for me
Old 25 Jul 18, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Harry
Imagineer

Harry's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Been a couple of times West Coast in August... great weather by the coast... hot but not humid very comfortable... Vegas and especially Death Valley was absolute molten mind you... the only real problem we found is that it was touch and go regarding driving the Big Sur last time due to the fires...

"... he is moving like a TREMENDOUS machine... "
Harry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List