Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 1 May 21, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I assume that this time doesn’t mean boarding at that late time but that this is the last available time to board before the ship sails.
Even deep cleaning the ship between sailings they will start boarding earlier than that and you will be given a choice of port arrival times to choose from. They do not want everyone arriving at the same time, so boarding will be staggered over a number of hours. That’s the way that it always works and as far as I’m aware it will be broadly similar this time.
Old 1 May 21, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
AJ86
Excited about Disney

Normally those times are sail away or docking times. Boarding will probably start around midday for those with high status then the rest will be given an arrival time between then and half 6.
For docking/last day can imagine they will want us off by 9am latest. You can normally leave once the ship has docked if you want to get on your way.
AJ86 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 21, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CarolynU View Post
I assume that this time doesn’t mean boarding at that late time but that this is the last available time to board before the ship sails.
Even deep cleaning the ship between sailings they will start boarding earlier than that and you will be given a choice of port arrival times to choose from. They do not want everyone arriving at the same time, so boarding will be staggered over a number of hours. That’s the way that it always works and as far as I’m aware it will be broadly similar this time.
I thought the same - mine says 6:30, and I had expected a late-ish boarding time for the extra cleaning etc, but equally, they won’t want everyone arriving together (even without covid to think about, it would be chaos!) Even if my time is 6:30, it looks like that’s the latest you can arrive, so lots of people will get much earlier times. Mine does say you’ll get your actual boarding time when you’ve completed online check-in, but that online check-in is temporarily unavailable, so we’ll see what that says when it’s working.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 21, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by lmartin View Post
Booked a Deck 7 navigators verandah first thing this morning but this evening we changed that to a 'normal' verandah - still deck 7. Southampton 6th Aug for 3 nights - can't wait!

Will be our first cruise.
See you therr
I managed to snag a secret veranda room so very happy with that.

Edited at 08:34 AM.
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 21, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nursetina View Post
See you therr
I managed to snag a secret veranda room so very happy with that.
Which secret verandah room do you have? We’ve booked one for a Bahamas cruise next year, and I keep wondering whether to upgrade to a full verandah or whether to make the most of my good luck and save the money!
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025

Edited at 08:35 AM.
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 21, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
They don't know boarding times yet! The times mentioned could be finally boarding or even sail away! Or just that they have to put something down! 🤷

Staterooms available from 4pm, which is later than normal, but saw lunch mentioned after boarding? Plus 1st sitting for meals us 5.45-6.15pm? You are not going to be boarding at 6.30pm!

It will definitely be more staggered arrival then normal and my guess stricter on times you turn up to the port? There is a 30 minute lateral flow test too?

You will always leave early last day, it's always been like that?

I have a week booked in a Yorkshire cottage and check in is now 5pm and you have to be gone by 9am? It is what it is...🤷
Old 1 May 21, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Elodie View Post
Which secret verandah room do you have? We’ve booked one for a Bahamas cruise next year, and I keep wondering whether to upgrade to a full verandah or whether to make the most of my good luck and save the money!
It's 6634, with plexiglass but partial obstruction.
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 21, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
zokaluse
VIP Dibber

[QUOTE=dippiedawnie;14942500]
Originally Posted by Raestars View Post
I really hope this is still the case as I cannot WAIT to try all three.

In regards to booking, I've paid in full and have a receipt from my TA (who was WONDERFUL!) but on the DCL website it still says 'Your booking window opens on May 6, 2021. Check back later to explore activities. Once you pay in full, you can book your favorite ones.' Is this normal, does anyone know? Thanks![/QUOTE

Wonder if your TA hasn’t paid Disney in full? We booked direct with Disney and paid in full and had the reservation immediately and had activities booked in 10 mins.
I paid in full too & am in the same position.
I’ve emailed my wonderful TA to ask her to look into it.
DLP Jan 2014 H Cheyenne & H New York
DLP Dec 2014 Sequoia Lodge
Florida Aug/Sept 2016 RPR/WDW BC/DCL Dream Bahamian 4 night cruise/ WDW BC
DLP Dec 2016 Newport Bay Club
Disney Magic Staycation Cruise Aug 2021

Aug 2023;BC 9 nights WV, AKL 8 nights SV, HRH 3 nights FRCL, CB 2BS, Weeki Watchee 2 nights, Holmes Beach house 8 nights
zokaluse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 21, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nursetina View Post
It's 6634, with plexiglass but partial obstruction.
We had this cabin for our last full Disney Magic sailing. It’s awesome. You can use the section that is sheltered by the obstruction to sit out of the sun or wind. Still plenty of verandah to sit in. We loved it and have booked the secret verandah from Liverpool on deck 7 this time as that one wasn’t available.
This is a photo -slight obstruction on the top right. You can see how big the opening is.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996

Edited at 09:06 AM.
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 21, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by dippiedawnie View Post
We had this cabin for our last full Disney Magic sailing. It’s awesome. You can use the section that is sheltered by the obstruction to sit out of the sun or wind. Still plenty of verandah to sit in. We loved it and have booked the secret verandah from Liverpool on deck 7 this time as that one wasn’t available.
This is a photo -slight obstruction on the top right. You can see how big the opening is.
Fantastic, lovely to hear someone's review of the room and the photo, it's made me even more excited to go.