Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 19 May 21, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Now that vlog did not encourage me to stay there. Very overlooked by the other cottages, let's sit on the patio and watch another group sitting in a hot tub!
Old 19 May 21, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
Now that vlog did not encourage me to stay there. Very overlooked by the other cottages, let's sit on the patio and watch another group sitting in a hot tub!
Ha! I said that to my dh, I was like “er.. why would I want to eat my dinner next to strangers in a hot tub..?”
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 21, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
littletink
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post

Absolutely! I was interested till it got to there...

Lindfields 2001 & 2005, West Stonebridge Christmas 2008
Disney Yacht Club, Marco Island, Duck Key & HRH August 2011, Lindfields & Rotonda Aug 2012 - HRH & Rotonda 2013 - HRH & Rotonda 2014 - NYC 2015 - AMI 2016 - Sunset Lakes/Rotonda 2017 - NYC/Bongo's!/AMI 2018 - Boardwalk-Rotonda-HRH 2019 - Rotonda 2023
littletink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 21, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Many of the new builds are very close together. They have built it purely for short term rentals and put in as many as possible.
Old 20 May 21, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Susan Coleman
Imagineer

Susan Coleman's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The interiors look very nice..they really do, but as said the are built tall and close together, painted bright colours to mimic the beachside houses on the coast
If it is privacy you are after outside..there is none!
All overlook each other and very open to the road!
I would not feel I could relax outside at all
And strangely the Jimmy Buffet thing is about totally chilling !
Relax with drinks on the south facing pool terrace...
All day sun..fabulous lake view...beautiful sunsets...
Disney magic in professionally themed Mickey's room!

http://www.disneyvillaaurora.com
New pool mosaics and lights!
Susan Coleman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 21, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

I understand what everyone is saying about privacy and it was something we considered too. When we weighed up all the positives about being able to walk to lots of lovely restaurants and to some shops like Target and Dollar Tree it far outweighed the negatives. We also thought about the pool being so close to things but in reality if you went to the hotel pool or the water park you are just as exposed so on balance we thought the positives were far in excess of the negatives for us. Main ones for us is not needing an uber to go for dinner if we fancy a beer and being less reliant on the car and a ten min drive to the restaurants or for a coffee. That is particular to us I realise :-)

Hopefully this year we will get to experience it. This will be a new place entirely for me having stayed in Disney, Villas, Hotels and apartments. All have positives and negatives so hoping this one is as good as I would want it to be.
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 21, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by hellin family View Post
Hi

Did you have to pay in full in advance? Do you know if you can use facilities and pools if you pay a daily resort fee?
Thanks!

You cannot pay the resort fee at all. I had emailed Margaritaville and asked and they do not offer this facility. The resort fee is about $42 a day per room and they may also have a self parking fee so its quite hefty.

You can do a dummy booking and it will tell you what the deposit amount is for your booking.
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 21, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sparklegirl View Post
I understand what everyone is saying about privacy and it was something we considered too. When we weighed up all the positives about being able to walk to lots of lovely restaurants and to some shops like Target and Dollar Tree it far outweighed the negatives. We also thought about the pool being so close to things but in reality if you went to the hotel pool or the water park you are just as exposed so on balance we thought the positives were far in excess of the negatives for us. Main ones for us is not needing an uber to go for dinner if we fancy a beer and being less reliant on the car and a ten min drive to the restaurants or for a coffee. That is particular to us I realise :-)

Hopefully this year we will get to experience it. This will be a new place entirely for me having stayed in Disney, Villas, Hotels and apartments. All have positives and negatives so hoping this one is as good as I would want it to be.
Actually really glad you put that link, because we know exactly what we're in for, and rather than a random plot, it's a specific end one.

To be honest, the proximity is a little close on the Tracker vlog, but no less privacy than if you were in a hotel room with shared corridors/walkways/neighbours etc.

Looking forward to it so much that even if our cruise sails and we cancel Margaritaville, we've pencilled it in for a future trip (our daughter's now 14, so future trips, the idea of separate bedrooms is a boon, so it's either a villa, hotel suites (which on property will massively inflate the costs), or something like this).

Will obviously report back if we end up there this August.
IndianaMac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 21, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

They are more like townhouses that aren't actually connected than traditional villas if that makes sense. The plus is that you can actually walk to a big choice restaurants etc unlike true villa communities.

Anyone wanting to go out in the evening without driving is spoiled for choice. Sunset walk really is a fabulous addition to the area.
Old 21 May 21, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
hellin family
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Originally Posted by sparklegirl View Post
You cannot pay the resort fee at all. I had emailed Margaritaville and asked and they do not offer this facility. The resort fee is about $42 a day per room and they may also have a self parking fee so its quite hefty.

You can do a dummy booking and it will tell you what the deposit amount is for your booking.
Sorry to ask another question but I'm really interested in the cottage you referred to and tempted to book! Are you saying you pay the resort fee of $42 a day per room, but cannot use facilities anyway. Or that there is no resort fee to pay if you're staying in a cottage (and you can't use the pool and facilities). thanks!

Wendy, Jake and Lillie x

Dec 2005 New York and Florida honeymoon, Grand Reserve
Dec 2006 Anniversary Trip, Grand Reserve, Davenport
Dec 2010 Jake's first trip, Glenbrook
Jan 2011 Lillie's first trip, Windsor Palms
Feb 2013 Jake and Lillie's Grand Adventures, Florida Pines
Oct 2014 Disneys All Stars Music Resort
hellin family is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List