Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 Jun 21, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
cherub85
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We went to Disneyland Paris in 2004 with our daughter who was 2. We had a motor home and often holidayed in France so tagged it on to a weeks holiday. Loved it and did the same two years later. My step grandad died and left us some money so in 2008 we went with my parents for a once in a lifetime trip. It was probably my best trip to Florida. We went in sept and it was very quiet, we queued for nothing really. Stayed in Caribbean beach with the full, free dining plan which at that point included starters and desserts. Also exchange rate was pretty much 2 dollars to the pound so was cheap out there! We’ve been back 4 times since and twice to Disney Paris so well and truly addicted! However not stayed on site since due to the high cost of this!Last year we’d planned almost our last big family trip as daughter was 18. We’d booked on site again with dining plan. Obviously never went ahead! We’ve now got a holiday booked this year, but on international drive and won’t be the big trip planned, but still desperately hope we can go! I think next it will be west coast and of course Disney there!
cherub85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 21, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

We had been to DLP with the kids and a friend had just come back from WDW.
I am terrified of flying and that would have always put me off but watching her videos really made me want to go. My friends sister was travel agent and I got her to price it up for us and just thought I’d deal with the flight when it came.
Have pretty much been every year ever since.
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 21, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
My mum & dad . They went the year before DH and I married.
Went as adults returned as big kids

Mum didn’t stop talking about it !
She suggested we went for our honeymoon so we just said yes thinking it’d be just a one off !

Mum & dad are no longer with us but I always feel close to them when on Florida and have many little things smiles at certain points of the very happy memories we shared
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 21, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

My dad got a big bonus in 1992 so booked for me, my sister, Mum and Dad to fly from Birmingham in Aug 1993. I always remember having to refuel in Bangor.
We spend 7 nights in Orlando going to Universal Studio, Epcot, Kennedy Space Centre and a day and a half each at MGM studios and the Magic Kingdom.
We also spend 7 nights in Naples going to a Henry Ford house, Thomas , Edison house, Key West, Miami and watch a movie at a drive in.
I loved it that much I wanted to go back a lot sooner but with College, low wages and no one to go with. I got with my now wife in June 2006 and by Sept we booked our 1st major holiday together for Sept 2007. We loved it that much and the good prices back then with Travel city direct we booked as soon as we got back for Sept 2008 but took my parents with us this time. Then we brought our own house together and saved for things that needed doing round the house but we went back in Sept 2011 and I asked her to marry me round world showcase during the fireworks. Our daughter was born in 2012 and got married in June 2016 and we took our daughter on our honeymoon Sept 2016. I been saving since for nearly 5 years while my Son was born in 2019 we should have enough for my 6th Florida holiday in Aug 2023 30 years after the 1st.
themeparksandy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 21, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
florida addict
Imagineer

florida addict's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Always dreamed of it as a child
Was 29 before i went 1st time and went reluctantly as didnt think it was for me and thought i was too old.
Been 10 times now and absolutely love it
Old 7 Jun 21, 04:39 AM  
Link to this Post
sunshines
Apprentice Imagineer

Some extended family members live there. Lucky to visit family and enjoy the warm weather and sunshine at the same time!
Old 7 Jun 21, 06:26 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

My parents first went when I was a teen (without me... the cheek of it!) as their holiday to Cyprus was cancelled and the TA talked them into transferring it to Orlando. They absolutely loved it and went many times (although still didn’t take me!). I first went for our honeymoon and we had a fantastic time. I think that was the start of our love for holidays in the US. There are still some places in Europe that we love and go back to but our first choice will always be USA.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 21, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Johnnyp
Imagineer

Johnnyp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
My friend suggested we should go back in 1993 and the rest is history 😄
Johnnyp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 21, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
fluffychicken
VIP Dibber

I went twice as a child then when my kids were 2 and 5 my parents asked if it was OK if they took them to Disney. My response was of course but there is No Way your going without me 🤣.
That was in 2008 and then 2011, 13, 16, 19 and 🤞2022
fluffychicken is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 21, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

had never been on my holiday radar at all ... i had been to disney paris with my neice and wasnt massively impressed by the crowds/queues and hassle of it all

back in 2007 my daughter was 2 and my inlaws turning 60 and wanted to take us all on a big family trip to florida & disney... they have relatives on the keys so was a win/win trip i reluctantly agreed

withing 48 hours of getting back we booked to go again

9th trip was 2020/2021 now 2022
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List