Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Jun 21, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

What food/snacks do you take with you?

Hi all

Am praying and crossing all fingers and toes I get this last minute cheeky trip to universal.

It really is a trip as near to the knuckle spending wise as poss.

Staying at Sapphire Falls. 8 nights. No Disney.
Already have tickets as an AP holder.

Plan to do a small lunch in parks and a cheapy dinner on citywalk, but need some snack inspiration to take with me for walking around, maybe breakfast made in room, sitting around the pool etc.

So far just have fruit and nuts, biscuits, peanut butter (will make sandwiches in room)

Would it even be worth it doing an uber to walmart? I am planning on getting free water in parks and at hotel bar and foods to go in reception.

Any other ideas please?

Thank you
Disney Nanny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 21, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We tend to take fruit , ritz peanut butter or cheese snack crackers, cereal bars buy the multi single serve size of pringles for park days
If we are hotel staying we have cereal or instant porridge pots
As said in an other thread some picnic wear bowls plates spoons knife fork and a good sharp knife a pop up wash bowl washing up liquid and a dish towel etc
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 21, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

You can either take some with you from here ( not fruit obviously &#128513 or pop to Dollar tree for cheap snacks I would add something extra in your weekly shop and you won’t notice by the time you get there !
*crisps
* trail mix
* min cans of Pringles
* breakfast bars
* small packets of nuts
* concentrated squash

Just some ideas

Plastic bowls are cheaper from home due to the $ rate and you don’t want to spend precious $ on those , we take the camping knife fork and spoon sets from B&M @ £1 and a cheap mini cool bag ( I’ve got one I bought for £2 at the end of last summer from home bargains)
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 21, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
You can either take some with you from here ( not fruit obviously &#128513 or pop to Dollar tree for cheap snacks I would add something extra in your weekly shop and you won’t notice by the time you get there !
*crisps
* trail mix
* min cans of Pringles
* breakfast bars
* small packets of nuts
* concentrated squash

Just some ideas

Plastic bowls are cheaper from home due to the $ rate and you don’t want to spend precious $ on those , we take the camping knife fork and spoon sets from B&M @ £1 and a cheap mini cool bag ( I’ve got one I bought for £2 at the end of last summer from home bargains)
Brilliant ideas, esp the bowls and cutlery. These would be good to take into parks too, as only planning on snacks during day. Thank you
Disney Nanny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 21, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Wonder
Imagineer

I take a tupperware to eat breakfast cereal out of, then quick wash and dry and you can pack sarnies/fruit/crisps or whatever in it for your park bag, then on the last day of my holiday I grab a couple of slices of lemon pound cake from main street bakery (insert your universal snack of choice here) and pack it in my suitcase to bring home!

But of cutlery from home too.

Also I would say an uber to Walmart is worth it if you are a bit of a foodie and enjoy American snacks as then you can stick up to bring home too.
Old 26 Jun 21, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I am limited to what I can have so I make sure it not got weat in

I take low sugar and fat yogurt
Fruit
Strawberry Freeze-Dried Fruit Crisps
Breakfast Probiotic Bars

This type of thing I got to be very carefull
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 21, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
We tend to take fruit , ritz peanut butter or cheese snack crackers, cereal bars buy the multi single serve size of pringles for park days
If we are hotel staying we have cereal or instant porridge pots
As said in an other thread some picnic wear bowls plates spoons knife fork and a good sharp knife a pop up wash bowl washing up liquid and a dish towel etc
I didn't think you were allowed to take fresh fruit in? Everything I've looked at says it's prohibited because of the potential pest and disease risks to American agriculture.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 21, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wonder View Post
I take a tupperware to eat breakfast cereal out of, then quick wash and dry and you can pack sarnies/fruit/crisps or whatever in it for your park bag, then on the last day of my holiday I grab a couple of slices of lemon pound cake from main street bakery (insert your universal snack of choice here) and pack it in my suitcase to bring home!

But of cutlery from home too.

Also I would say an uber to Walmart is worth it if you are a bit of a foodie and enjoy American snacks as then you can stick up to bring home too.
OMGosh you lot are coming up with such good ideas, thank you. Every cent counts
Just off to cupboard to find a tupperware with a matching lid
Am thinking I might uber to a walmart too, although getting one back could be interesting as I would need wifi to do it.
Old 26 Jun 21, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
I didn't think you were allowed to take fresh fruit in? Everything I've looked at says it's prohibited because of the potential pest and disease risks to American agriculture.
I think they meant the fresh fruit going into park days, not to take into country?
Old 26 Jun 21, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Disney Nanny View Post
I think they meant the fresh fruit going into park days, not to take into country?
Ah, I see. We always take food with us to eat over there, so I automatically thought they meant that

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List