Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 26 Jun 21, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

Uber from non wifi spots

Afternoon

If using uber or lyft, what do you do when you are at a location without wifi?
do you turn on data? I don't have free roaming data so am worried I will come home to a horrendous holiday that was outside of a very tight budget?
Thank you
Disney Nanny is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 21, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Like where ? WiFi drops just beyond the gate coming out of most theme parks so you order it there.
Can’t think of anywhere that didn’t have it, Walmart again it dropped as you walked outside.
If it drops walk 3 steps backwards and it’s there.
Turn off your mobile data and roaming in phone settings before you go.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 21, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

The only place we had a problem was Premium Outlets which we resolved by logging into the store nearest the exit.
Old 26 Jun 21, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

Couldn't get wifi at any outlets, at Cracker Barrel, at two of the large home ware places, think one was hobby lobby? Can't remember the other one.
Disney Nanny is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 21, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Originally Posted by Disney Nanny View Post
Couldn't get wifi at any outlets, at Cracker Barrel, at two of the large home ware places, think one was hobby lobby? Can't remember the other one.
Haven't been for a couple of years but I've also had issues finding WiFi in some places. That's my main concern with relying on uber/lyft 😐
Maybe it's improved?
Orlandobelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 21, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

I’ve never had an issue getting WiFi in Orlando there’s always sumwhere nearby that has WiFi, I guess if you went off grid out of the tourist areas u May struggle a little
Orlandoguy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 21, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
adz_jh
Proud to wear my Ears

Most mobile networks will let you buy a "bolt on" for roaming. That is reasonable. Maybe speak to your network before you go and get one just to be Safe.

Ive never been anywhere in and around Orlando where I've needed WiFi and not been able to find a free one to log on though
adz_jh is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 21, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
fleurbie
Apprentice Imagineer

I had a lot of trouble trying to find WiFi in 2019 around the outlets, I had to walk over to a restaurant near by to pick up there WiFi in the end, and another time I had to use a taxi instead 😀
Nov 19 CBR, September 22 BRV, BWV 💕
fleurbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 21, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

We had an issue in one restaurant, asked our server and she gave us the codes for the private wifi connection. Only happened once on our trip.
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 21, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Just get a data plan bundle or a pay and go USA sim.

With all these free WiFi points, it does poses a risk, most are insecure and often in public places you will find spoof hotspots. Just ensure you device is protected, something like surfshark etc..
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02

Edited at 10:21 AM.
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List