Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Jul 21, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Lumpy View Post
At this point I would be telling him firmly that as I am paying the bill I expect to get what I paid for and if the work is not to a satisfactory level then I will be complaining and will expect the work to be rectified until it reaches a satisfactory standard and if he keeps moaning I would be asking him why his company have sent a person who is clearly insufficiently skilled to carry out the work contracted.
I don't stand nonsense from contractors at work so I am certainly not putting up with it from people I am employing in the home.
I completely agree with you. I think the biggest problem is that the Salesman didn’t do his job properly, this was picked up by the Engineer who came to view the space and measure it out in preparation of the materials being cut. They then sent out the materials, which were delivered a week in advance of installation and then a joiner turned up today to install. There are too many opportunities for miscommunication and it has just been brought to my attention that some boxes of materials have been completely missed from our delivery last week. I am finding it all very stressful (first world problems I know ) but I am trying to not take all my frustrations out on the joiner. We will be in touch with Sharps and I won’t be paying the final balance until the job is completed to our satisfaction. Thanks again.
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 21, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Oh dear, it’s really stressful when you have different ideas isn’t it? It is your home and you are paying the bill though.
Fingers crossed he does a good job
Old 21 Jul 21, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Thank you. The joiner is starting to get a bit sassy, when DH mentioned your suggestions he asked if you were Paul Daniels. I literally had to google him, as Australians, British humour goes straight over our heads. Apparently he is a magician?

We have told him to do the cornice (he still tried to talk us out of it) and I am just avoiding him now. We are fairly easy going, however this is an expensive job and I would expect the finish to reflect that, so my expectations will not be ‘managed’. I am off to sand the fence and take out my increasing frustrations on that!
Ha ha. No Tradesman likes being told how to do something by another one.

I would let him carry on, make sure he has drinks and wait for him to speak to you. To be honest I always wanted to be left alone and people nattering to me soon got the message by my non communication - go away.

However your final snagging will determine how/when the invoice is paid.

Edit. If he thinks he can't put a strengthening piece behind he wants a kick up the ≈≈≈≈. First piece on and fix in situ. Cut second piece and offer it up to ensure it's spot on. If it is put the strengthener on the one piece there and then and let it set. Then get the second piece on and securely pushed onto the grab adhesive that is put on immediately before that last piece. Job done.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 21, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Saw the thread title and immediately thought, why does Mr Morrow need help 😂😂

I can push a wheelbarrow (just) 😂

Disney332
Old 21 Jul 21, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
Oh dear, it’s really stressful when you have different ideas isn’t it? It is your home and you are paying the bill though.
Fingers crossed he does a good job
Thanks Mitch, I do not know how you do it! My problem is that I need to see things finished, having someone explain it and then trying to imagine it just doesn’t work. Plus I honestly don’t know what is/isn’t suitable and I don’t want to be taken advantage of because I don’t have the appropriate knowledge.

We will get there eventually- he seems to think he will be done by Saturday lunch, which is about 4 days earlier than I expected.
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 21, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Ha ha. No Tradesman likes being told how to do something by another one.

I would let him carry on, make sure he has drinks and wait for him to speak to you. To be honest I always wanted to be left alone and people nattering to me soon got the message by my non communication - go away.

However your final snagging will determine how/when the invoice is paid.

Edit. If he thinks he can't put a strengthening piece behind he wants a kick up the ≈≈≈≈. First piece on and fix in situ. Cut second piece and offer it up to ensure it's spot on. If it is put the strengthener on the one piece there and then and let it set. Then get the second piece on and securely pushed onto the grab adhesive that is put on immediately before that last piece. Job done.
Yes, I think we may have hurt his feelings by suggesting alternatives. I just took up some cold water and some cookies, he was quite pleased because they were from M&S I also gave him a fan as it is super humid today. I think we might be friends again now (however he is a total chatterbox!)

I won’t pay the balance until we are totally satisfied. I am learning slowly.

I will suggest the strengthening piece again, might have to wait til I make him a sandwich for lunch first!
Old 21 Jul 21, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
Saw the thread title and immediately thought, why does Mr Morrow need help 😂😂

I can push a wheelbarrow (just) 😂

Disney332
Sorry for any confusion- I was under a time crunch and really needed Mr TM’s advice. You are also cleverer than me, I unable to successfully push a wheelbarrow but I can make tea/coffee and fetch cookies.