Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 21 Jul 21, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
ALuk
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
The problem is nothing you have said is scientific or factual (hint - you are talking to an actual scientist lol). But in terms of covid people bang on and won't conceded their incorrect view points, so arguing in a circle with them becomes fruitless and more to do with "last comment wins".

And on that basis I will advise you go do a bit more research and wish you a good day
It's nothing to do with 'last comment wins', I'm just bored arguing with people who won't believe in science.
I spend all day telling people to put masks on because they 'watched something on YouTube and they don't work'.

There is science behind the amber+ for people coming in from France. And there are logical reasons why lorry drivers can come in. They work alone and whilst they do go to service stations etc.. they can keep socially distanced.
Plus they HAVE to take COVID tests every week or their employer gets fined.

But as I said, I argue with people every day about masks so don't really want to argue with people on a Disney forum too.

Put it this way.
- There are GOOD reasons why France is on the amber+ list
- Covid passports to get into Disney are probably going to be around for months and it is a good thing.

Have a nice day.
ALuk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 21, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cybermum View Post
Precisely , yes.
They also said you can mix on Christmas day
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 21, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ALuk View Post
It's nothing to do with 'last comment wins', I'm just bored arguing with people who won't believe in science.
I spend all day telling people to put masks on because they 'watched something on YouTube and they don't work'.

There is science behind the amber+ for people coming in from France. And there are logical reasons why lorry drivers can come in. They work alone and whilst they do go to service stations etc.. they can keep socially distanced.
Plus they HAVE to take COVID tests every week or their employer gets fined.

But as I said, I argue with people every day about masks so don't really want to argue with people on a Disney forum too.

Put it this way.
- Covid passports to get into Disney are probably going to be around for months and it is a good thing.

Have a nice day.
Last comment
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 21, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ALuk View Post
No, there aren't. The Beta variant is NOT prevalent in mainland France, only in overseas territories 6,000 miles away. But France reports these numbers anyway, as these territories are part of the country.

The prevalent variant in mainland France is Delta, as it is here.
YLL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 21, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
They also said you can mix on Christmas day
Covid takes a day off xmas day, did you not know 🤣😂🤣

@ALuk lorry drivers work alone? Really ? they stop help load the load check the load with at least 1 person thats mixed with lots of people to make sure the load is safe and correct, the stop a rest stops and chat with other lorry drivers use wash stations/airs in france that are rarely cleaned propperly.

Just saying 🤷
Old 22 Jul 21, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YLL View Post
No, there aren't. The Beta variant is NOT prevalent in mainland France, only in overseas territories 6,000 miles away. But France reports these numbers anyway, as these territories are part of the country.

The prevalent variant in mainland France is Delta, as it is here.
Yup - and its very unlikely to out compete Delta as well.

We also have the South African variant here as well - its been here for months.

I personally think this has more to do with the Brexit stuff than public health - makes no sense beyond that.

For all the screaming of "the science" there is nothing remotely scientific around this. As if science is just one thing or one view point any way lol.
Old 22 Jul 21, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by colin39 View Post
Covid takes a day off xmas day, did you not know 🤣😂🤣

@ALuk lorry drivers work alone? Really ? they stop help load the load check the load with at least 1 person thats mixed with lots of people to make sure the load is safe and correct, the stop a rest stops and chat with other lorry drivers use wash stations/airs in france that are rarely cleaned propperly.

Just saying 🤷
Yup, its easier for the government to say its low risk than say its high risk but we have to live with it.

People just accept blindly what the government tell them on mass.
Old 26 Jul 21, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

I see lots of articles today saying that France could move back to the "normal" amber list as early as next week - fingers crossed that it's the case!
YLL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

I was just about to ask what’s happening with numbers in france! I bloomin hope it does. That would be great if it does
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mrsbenny View Post
I was just about to ask what’s happening with numbers in france! I bloomin hope it does. That would be great if it does
Indeed! The cost of testing on return would be much more acceptable (and not having to isolate, of course) - I'm due to go in 3 weeks!