Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 22 Jul 21, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I loved Happily Ever After as a fireworks show and also loved the song! And thought it was great how they incorporated Tink flying into it and it fitting in with the song lyrics! Very fond memories of being in the crowd at the hub watching the show, and you could see how as the show ended everyone just had this sense of contentment and happiness.

Hopefully the 50th anniversary fireworks will be even better (and hopefully I actually make it to WDW to watch them)!

Epcot Forever - I did watch it but didn't really properly connect with it. I think maybe because I didn't have memories of visiting Epcot from ages ago (went once for a day in 2001, and then it was a 13 year gap before I went back), and I really really liked Illuminations so missed that a lot. Hopefully the next show will be good!
Old 22 Jul 21, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Just read about HEA. What a shame, we got to do a HEA Dessert Party in 2019 in the pouring rain, it was great!
The Epcot one was only a stop gap until Harmonious. We hope to catch the 60th Anniversary and Harmonious ones in August next year 🤞🤞🤞🤞
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 21, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

I'm actually gutted. HEA makes me cry and I couldn't wait to take my little boy in a few years and watch his face as he saw it for the first time.

I'm sure whatever they replace it with will be good but I'm gutted
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 21, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Oh gosh I didn't know HEA would be going permanently. I assumed it was just temporary for the 50th celebrations. Wow. I'm really surprised. It's a fab show. I was very disappointed to see the end of wishes, but HEA is fantastic and I can't believe we won't get to see it again. I'm quite sad about it actually.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 21, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Does everyone think that they will replace it? HEA, I mean?

With a lot of the (negative) changes they're making, I'm a bit worried that they're just going to do away with fireworks as well. Or charge extra for them? I wouldn't put ANYTHING past Chapek
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 21, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tracey1302 View Post

With a lot of the (negative) changes they're making, I'm a bit worried that they're just going to do away with fireworks as well. Or charge extra for them? I wouldn't put ANYTHING past Chapek
HEA is being replaced by Enchantment. Not sure if this is a 50th exclusive or if it will continue to run after that. The wording implies it's not specifically for the anniversary, it just debuts as part of the celebrations.

I can't see them getting rid of fireworks, they're too much of a draw. But I could see them reducing the actual pyro and focusing even more heavily on projections, similar to the Disneyland show.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 21, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by tracey1302 View Post
As the first couple of posts in this thread say, they are replacing HEA with a brand new nighttime show called "Disney Enchantment". That will start in October and will be 'free' to guests in the park - you won't have to pay extra to see it. According to Disney, this new show will include "music, enhanced lighting, stunning fireworks and, for the first time, immersive projection effects that extend from Cinderella Castle down Main Street". So there will still be fireworks but maybe more lighting and projections and less fireworks than previously. We'll have to wait and see.

It sounds like Disney Enchantment is the 'permanent' replacement for HEA and not just for the 50th Anniversary celebrations. The same applies to Harmonious at Epcot. They just happen to be starting on 1st October.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 21, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

They've just announce times for the new shows starting 1st October.

Disney Enchantment - 9PM
Harmonious - 9.45PM
Pre Trip Report| Trip Report

Charlangela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 21, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Charlangela View Post
They've just announce times for the new shows starting 1st October.

Disney Enchantment - 9PM
Harmonious - 9.45PM
Wait? Harmonious is on at 9:45pm? Not 9pm?

The Epcot firework show has always been at 9pm for as long as I can remember.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 21, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Wait? Harmonious is on at 9:45pm? Not 9pm?

The Epcot firework show has always been at 9pm for as long as I can remember.
It's been on at 10pm recently. I think they're starting to flex this based on the park hours (as MK does) rather than a fixed time.

My guess is they know a huge crowd depart immediately after fireworks. So the longer you're there, the more you might spend. Especially in Epcot with its evening drinking crowds. Chapek philosophy.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List