Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Jul 21, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

So very sorry to read about your lovely friend, x
Old 24 Jul 21, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

So sorry to hear that OP. A neighbour of ours died last weekend at 39 from cancer. Then the day after I was out for my walk and came upon a scene at the railway bridge, a man in his 20s took his life there during the night. I've had a right melancholic week myself thinking how short and precious life is, just how unfair it can be and how awful it is that some of us will suffer so on our way out of this world. You never know what's going on in anyone's life or what lies in store for anyone so it's important to be kind, have patience and a sense a humour. So many people are going around in a perpetual state of anger over things that don't matter in the long run. I often think a lot of the BS we engage in as humans is to distract ourselves from the pain of accepting that bad things happen to good people all the time and we have no control over it. I hope you can take some comfort OP from the fact that this lady made a real impact on you and I'm sure others. Try to honor her memory by passing on that kindness someday to someone who needs it as you did when you started. Take care.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

So sorry for your loss & what sounds like a loss to this world right at this time. Life is so much shorter than anyone thinks & you never know what is just around that corner. Take comfort in the fact that that lovely person obviously lived a happy, if short, life and made other peoples lives happy along the way. We should all try to be like that.
Old 24 Jul 21, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

I am so sorry to hear of your loss, and it’s definitely another reminder to smile as much as you can because no one knows how many smiles any of us have left.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
So sorry to hear
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by landandword17 View Post
So sorry to hear that OP. A neighbour of ours died last weekend at 39 from cancer. Then the day after I was out for my walk and came upon a scene at the railway bridge, a man in his 20s took his life there during the night. I've had a right melancholic week myself thinking how short and precious life is, just how unfair it can be and how awful it is that some of us will suffer so on our way out of this world. You never know what's going on in anyone's life or what lies in store for anyone so it's important to be kind, have patience and a sense a humour. So many people are going around in a perpetual state of anger over things that don't matter in the long run. I often think a lot of the BS we engage in as humans is to distract ourselves from the pain of accepting that bad things happen to good people all the time and we have no control over it. I hope you can take some comfort OP from the fact that this lady made a real impact on you and I'm sure others. Try to honor her memory by passing on that kindness someday to someone who needs it as you did when you started. Take care.
My mum (68) is currently EOL in a hospice with cancer. She’s extremely unwell and she’s not even like my mum anymore, both physically and mentally, it’s been an absolutely awful few months for us.

Thank you to everyone for your kind posts, it has brought me some comfort to express to others what a lovely lady she was xx
Princess Ariel is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List