Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Jul 21, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I’ve a Visla who loves tea and a Frenchie who if she gets a chance would down a good malt she’s decerning though won’t touch a blender whiskey
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Some of her previous work...

A slipper

A shoe

More rubbish (a personal favourite of hers)

A doorstop (For the GOT fans, it says Hodor...

A day's haul of shoes

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Tetrarch
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 23
We had some plastering done in our house last November and it wasn't until mid-afternoon when the plasterer happened to say he was hungry, that he admitted our dog had eaten his sandwiches! We were so embarrassed, he didn't want me to make him anything to eat by then, but I did make him lunch the next day. The thing is, if we'd left food within reach of the dog, he wouldn't touch it. The sandwiches left on the stairs were apparently too great a temptation. Good job we knew the plasterer well and could laugh about it.

Debra

Edited at 10:26 PM.
Tetrarch is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
Some of her previous work...

A slipper

A shoe

More rubbish (a personal favourite of hers)

A doorstop (For the GOT fans, it says Hodor...

A day's haul of shoes
I think she is trying to prove who is the boss 😂
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 21, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
I think she is trying to prove who is the boss 😂
Oh yes! She won’t touch her food until she hears ‘go on then’, just sits drooling, but rubbish or footwear & it’s instant hierarchy challenge, hence the naughty face. It’s our last big challenge with her (she was a very naughty rescue), I like to think that we’ll win one day! 😂

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 21, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
She’s a very lovely thief.

Toby is our opportunist thief. He’s been to the vets on a number of occasions to be made to be sick but it doesn’t stop him. Think the most memorable was him finding 4 boxes of chocolates that the children had bought as surprise Christmas presents and hidden in their wardrobe. Toby had help from Fred to eat them but it was a close call!

He’s also nicked all the meat defrosting for a barbecue and left us without tea!
Old 25 Jul 21, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Twin mummy View Post
She’s a very lovely thief.

Toby is our opportunist thief. He’s been to the vets on a number of occasions to be made to be sick but it doesn’t stop him. Think the most memorable was him finding 4 boxes of chocolates that the children had bought as surprise Christmas presents and hidden in their wardrobe. Toby had help from Fred to eat them but it was a close call!

He’s also nicked all the meat defrosting for a barbecue and left us without tea!
When our 10 year old Cooper was a puppy my DD spotted him stealing and eating a sock from the washing, we took him to the vets (bank holiday obviously!) they gave him an emetic and he vomited 6 socks back out, we never left the washing unattended again.

He also jumped a stairgate one Christmas and ate and entire selection box and chocolate orange, we'd only gone out for 10 minutes to collect DD from a party.

It's like a game of lemmings trying to stop them from harming themselves

Old 25 Jul 21, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
FtLouie
Excited about Disney

One time we were house sitting/dog sitting for my cousins, they had a rottie and a rottie/staff cross. On the day they were due back, I was baking a cake to leave for them so they'd have something nice to come back to.
Realised as I started to get the ingredients out that we needed more butter, so I left the (dry) ingredients in the very middle of their quite high and very big kitchen island, while popped out to get the butter.
Came back, carried on baking, couldn't find the eggs. Eventually found just the egg carton, in 2 halves on the floor. They'd somehow pulled it off the worktop, and then devoured every last trace (shell included) and licked the floor so thoroughly that the only bit of evidence was the egg box. If we hadn't spotted that, I'd have assumed I was having a daft day and hadn't actually put the eggs out

Have no fear, Purple Turtle is here
FtLouie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List