Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 25 Jul 21, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by catlady View Post
It's all so complicated isn't it! I understand that DVC has legal requirements they have to take into account, but surely they could have come up with a policy for us?

My dh thinks they have a maximum amount of points they can legally carry over and when they reach the limit they will just stop it! Hence the could stop at any time! 🤷
It really is. I just hate the thought that some may lose points but others wont. Nobody should lose them due to literally not being able to travel. I understand issues on Disney side with a mass amount of points unused and needing used up but they need to be answering everyone the same!
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
It really is. I just hate the thought that some may lose points but others wont.
This is the crux of it for me - I totally understand that DVC are under no obligation to give us this goodwill gesture, but I am all about consistency and treating everyone the same. I would be very cross if it comes down to who you are lucky or unlucky enough to speak to on the day 😢
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
This is the crux of it for me - I totally understand that DVC are under no obligation to give us this goodwill gesture, but I am all about consistency and treating everyone the same. I would be very cross if it comes down to who you are lucky or unlucky enough to speak to on the day 😢
Couldn't agree more. DVC is actually my mums and shes the type who wouldn't argue her case and would just let all the points go, I was totally clueless but Dr Jumba has helped me loads to understand whats going on and mums added me as an associate so I can try and save whatever I can. Its a minefield
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

My dh thinks they have a maximum amount of points they can legally carry over and when they reach the limit they will just stop it! Hence the could stop at any time! 🤷
They can't legally carry any of our own points over, FL timeshare law prevents double banking I believe.

That's why we have to wait for the points to expire before DVC generously donate us some of their points, and it's also why most times they're not from our home resorts.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
They can't legally carry any of our own points over, FL timeshare law prevents double banking I believe.

That's why we have to wait for the points to expire before DVC generously donate us some of their points, and it's also why most times they're not from our home resorts.
That's really interesting, thanks 👍.

I'm going to brave calling MS today, always stresses me out! 😬. Do you happen to know the answer to the following before I call?

I have a Dec use year, and a booking mostly using 2019 banked points that run out Nov 30th. If I cancel, and they allow the international policy and give me the expiring points back on December 1st, can I use them before then to book next March/April? Hope that makes sense? 😬 . Thank you 😊
Old 26 Jul 21, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

I'm going to brave calling MS today, always stresses me out! 😬. Do you happen to know the answer to the following before I call?

I have a Dec use year, and a booking mostly using 2019 banked points that run out Nov 30th. If I cancel, and they allow the international policy and give me the expiring points back on December 1st, can I use them before then to book next March/April? Hope that makes sense? 😬 . Thank you 😊
I’m not certain but from what I’ve read, you can’t use them until they drop into your account a little while after your new booking window opens (up to three weeks after I think I read?)

I’m a Dec UY too with a likely to be cancelled Oct booking which is using 2019 points so I’m interested to hear about how your call goes 👍
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
I’m not certain but from what I’ve read, you can’t use them until they drop into your account a little while after your new booking window opens (up to three weeks after I think I read?)

I’m a Dec UY too with a likely to be cancelled Oct booking which is using 2019 points so I’m interested to hear about how your call goes 👍
I'll definitely up date if I get through 😁! I can only hold for an hour as working later so hoping that they answer! 🤞
Old 26 Jul 21, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

can I use them before then to book next March/April? Hope that makes sense? 😬 . Thank you 😊
I'm afraid you can't. The booking software sees the expiring points aren't valid for that timeframe so won't use those, and it can't see the replacement points because they don't exist yet.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

We also have December use year and our 2019 points were used to book a July booking at |AKL - that was cancelled so booked another 2 reservations for August; also now cancelled and rebooked for end of December 2021 into early January 2022. I was told that everyone is being given Riviera points with June UY at the moment so could potentially expire at the end of May; However they also told me to call a couple of weeks before our new reservation begins and they will ensure that our 2019 banked points are used for the newest booking.
As our Dec/Jan booking is only using 139 points I need to call back to see what will happen to the other 61 points.
I will also ask if, once we have those new points will we be able to bank them into 2022 - I think probably not.

To answer your question: We cannot book reservations with the banked 2020 points which replace our 2019 ones until the 2021 UY begins and, as we'd be within the 7 month window you should be able to book March with the Riviera points.

Sorry if this is a bit convoluted and hope I've made sense, it's all so complicated.
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by SnowWhite View Post
We also have December use year and our 2019 points were used to book a July booking at |AKL - that was cancelled so booked another 2 reservations for August; also now cancelled and rebooked for end of December 2021 into early January 2022. I was told that everyone is being given Riviera points with June UY at the moment so could potentially expire at the end of May; However they also told me to call a couple of weeks before our new reservation begins and they will ensure that our 2019 banked points are used for the newest booking.
As our Dec/Jan booking is only using 139 points I need to call back to see what will happen to the other 61 points.
I will also ask if, once we have those new points will we be able to bank them into 2022 - I think probably not.

To answer your question: We cannot book reservations with the banked 2020 points which replace our 2019 ones until the 2021 UY begins and, as we'd be within the 7 month window you should be able to book March with the Riviera points.

Sorry if this is a bit convoluted and hope I've made sense, it's all so complicated.
Hi,

So do you mean that if you booked with newer points, when the extended ones pop up, they can swap the newer points and give you them back as such, and use the extended ones instead?

Thats what we would ideally be hoping to do. UY is Feb and if October doesn't go ahead, we would be looking at April but know we would need to have a booking secured before Feb at that time of year!