Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Jul 21, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sbchannel View Post
Can I ask a question, are your flight Avios only bookings? I’ve got 2 sets of Avios/companion voucher flights (just to and from the US (original plan) and just flights to Jamaica and back (second plan). I know it can be done to fly into one country and out using Avios I just don’t know if I will ha e issues doing it!
Yes I have flight only Avios using the 2-for-1 companion vouchers. You can do split leg no problem, as long as you start and end in UK. I now have LHR-NAS and MIA-LHR. I’m booking JetBlue for the NAS-MCO and will book Avios seats on AA flight from MCO-MIA for the connection to LHR.

You can5 book onl8ne though, you have to call them. You can split cabins too, we have economy for our Nassau flight as there were no CW seats left, but we have CW for our Miami to London leg.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 21, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
logic500
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Bestbubba View Post
We're still hunting down insurance. Battleface now want, £2200 for the 2 of us, ouch! I've got quotes from the US companies but unless I'm reading it incorrectly, they'll only cover us for $100,000 medical, don't think that would cover and ingrown toenail! Confused? You betcha! 😜
You can change the cover total, as well as the excess... all possible with tweaking the options.
logic500 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 21, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

[QUOTE=logic500;15071201]You can change the cover total, as well as the excess... all possible with tweaking the options.[/QUOTE

We did try, but no alternative options offered. Only $50 deductable and $100,000 medical. Tried every which way. All the other companies we could play around, but with these, we hit a brick wall 😟
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 21, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

[QUOTE=Bestbubba;15071300]
Originally Posted by logic500 View Post
You can change the cover total, as well as the excess... all possible with tweaking the options.[/QUOTE

We did try, but no alternative options offered. Only $50 deductable and $100,000 medical. Tried every which way. All the other companies we could play around, but with these, we hit a brick wall 😟
Feel a bit daft quoting myself, but thought it might help others. Problem solved, if aged over 69, maximum $100,000.

Just had a quote from Towergate, £2010, marginally better but still a lot. Hey ho, being able to hug the grandkids, it's got to be worth it! 🤗
Bestbubba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 01:53 AM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

Flights booked from CUN-FLL
Flights booked from ATL-LHR
Estas checked
Gatwick parking changed (need to figure out how to get the car from Gatwick)

Getting excited now, just need to book hire car, taxi from Heathrow and change transfers here.

Going to see the inlaws in Atlanta, it will be nearly 2 years so the kids are excited too. Just hoping it all works out
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Robyn89
Imagineer

Fantastic news!

And Logic, D-Day creeping close for you too! How’s the packing going? 😂
Robyn89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
logic500
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Robyn89 View Post
Fantastic news!

And Logic, D-Day creeping close for you too! How’s the packing going? 😂
We started yesterday, will finish them today, apart from stuff we need to get ready.

Staying at the Dartford Doubletree tomorrow. We own a Tesla, so there's a bit more planning needed just to get to the airport 🙂 It'll be over 5 weeks in the carpark, so along with all the other considerations, we have to get it charged right up... there's another charger near Gatwick, so hopefully it'll still have enough power to get us there when we get back.

Did my tourist cards weeks ago, will print them today. I've printed the medical questionnaires, and will fill them in later.

We've got different baggage allowances with BA compared to Frontier, so that's taken a bit of thinking 🙂 Inches, pounds, cms, kgs! 🙂

Anyway we're all set... slightly daunted by the 10 hour flight, but just got to enjoy it... because not so long ago I couldn't see us ever getting on a long haul again 🙂

After we check in there's a Telcel shop opposite the hotel, so we'll be buying a couple of SIM cards so we have data on the go...

Will "Dibb" more as and when we get there 🙂

All the best.

Rich
logic500 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Charlangela
Imagineer

I'm loving reading all your plans and can't wait to see how you all get on. Will be stalking for trip reports
Pre Trip Report| Trip Report

Charlangela is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

Can't wait to hear how you get on, it's so exciting!
Old 26 Jul 21, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I was quite impressed to see a charge point on the roadside in Purley (about 20 mins from Gatwick) the other weekend on Russell Hill Road , just there ,not in a hotel or garage or other premises. It struck me as been quite useful for anyone using the A23 heading for Gatwick.

Originally Posted by logic500 View Post
We started yesterday, will finish them today, apart from stuff we need to get ready.

Staying at the Dartford Doubletree tomorrow. We own a Tesla, so there's a bit more planning needed just to get to the airport 🙂 It'll be over 5 weeks in the carpark, so along with all the other considerations, we have to get it charged right up... there's another charger near Gatwick, so hopefully it'll still have enough power to get us there when we get back.

Did my tourist cards weeks ago, will print them today. I've printed the medical questionnaires, and will fill them in later.

We've got different baggage allowances with BA compared to Frontier, so that's taken a bit of thinking 🙂 Inches, pounds, cms, kgs! 🙂

Anyway we're all set... slightly daunted by the 10 hour flight, but just got to enjoy it... because not so long ago I couldn't see us ever getting on a long haul again 🙂

After we check in there's a Telcel shop opposite the hotel, so we'll be buying a couple of SIM cards so we have data on the go...

Will "Dibb" more as and when we get there 🙂

All the best.

Rich
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List