Notices
Photo, Video & Vlogs Photography, Video and Vlog discussions

Old 14 Dec 20, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

Another vote for doing it yourself. We have done that with all ours recently. We did have 1 rejected immediately so we needed to keep taking it that day. That got really annoying but we got one accepted eventually. We have also had one fail after submitting and we had to send a new one-was about 4 days after. Would still choose that route again though.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 20, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Just received my new passport a couple of days ago. Filled in on the online website. When takeing the photo it kept rejecting it saying poor quality about 30 times. In the end I just sent one that I thought looked right. It asked why I wanted to submit it and I said because it’s a true likeness of me. No problems and no questions asked. Think it would’ve kept rejecting if I hadn’t ignored it in the end. Loving my new passport, there’s 3 photos of me on it!

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023

Edited at 11:31 PM.
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 20, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
nanu
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
When you take the photo yourself, and upload it, how quickly do they decide if it is OK or not?
Is it checked there and then - or do they check it later and get back to you?

Thanks.
When you upload, it says if it's acceptable or not. Mine kept saying my eyes were closed when they weren't. If you think it looks okay, you can still go ahead and they will contact you if there is an issue within a few days.
1988 New York Penta & Orl. Radisson Maingate 1990 Orl. Marriott I-Drive, Premier Cruise & Cocoa Beach Hilton 1997 Orl. La Suites I-Drive 2002 Orl. Port Orleans Riverside 2006 Las Vegas Luxor 2007 Orl. Port Orleans French Quarter 2010 Orl. Windsor Palms villa 2012 Orl. Rolling Hills villa & RPR Universal 2015 Orl. Indian Creek villa & Naples Bay Resort 2017 Orl. Highlands Reserve villa 2018 Barefoot Beach Resort & Orl. Highgate Park villa
nanu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 20, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
I used the Max Spielman in our local Tesco. You get prints and a code to use (I needed prints for a ≈≈≈≈stani visa for work).
We couldn’t find a plain white wall in our house with adequate lighting.
The first set were rejected, but they do repeat shots for free (you don’t have to pay again). I’d rather do this than mess about myself.

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 20, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

You don't need the wall to be white, it can be a light plain wall. If nothing else, hang a bedsheet over the door.

When you upload the photos it immediately gives you an assessment. As others have said you can override and submit it anyway if it looks good enough to you.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 20, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Gasman66
Serious Dibber

Do you get a "Blue" cover or still the EU cover when renewing now ?
Gasman66 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 20, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gasman66 View Post
Do you get a "Blue" cover or still the EU cover when renewing now ?
Mines black (I know it’s meant to be blue but looks black to me)

It’s nice actually as it’s got the 4 flowers of the nations embossed on the back. Doesn’t mention EU on the front anymore either.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 20, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Posiesmum View Post
I used the Max Spielman in our local Tesco. You get prints and a code to use (I needed prints for a ≈≈≈≈stani visa for work).
We couldn’t find a plain white wall in our house with adequate lighting.
The first set were rejected, but they do repeat shots for free (you don’t have to pay again). I’d rather do this than mess about myself.
We used Max Spielman for our youngest for that very reason, it basically becomes a fixed fee for a photo you know will be accepted.
We read that the standards for babies are slightly relaxed, we knew the shop staff would have experience of exactly how relaxed, whereas we didn't. We also figured that whilst a booth may be cheaper, it's soon not, if you have to do it multiple times.

Last time I checked, we were ok for our "next" holiday. I've just realised I've still got that mindset of having passports, despite the year we've had coronacancelled. This thread has triggered me to double check. I will try an upload picture if I need to renew, but even at age 5 I'm not sure I can get her to sit still long enough.
Old 15 Dec 20, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Thorpy View Post
We used Max Spielman for our youngest for that very reason, it basically becomes a fixed fee for a photo you know will be accepted.
That is not the case though. Many many people have used these services to then find that the photo code when used shows as not to standard. So no different to doing it yourself.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 20, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Originally Posted by 400ixl View Post
That is not the case though. Many many people have used these services to then find that the photo code when used shows as not to standard. So no different to doing it yourself.
Yes, but they’ll redo it as often as needed until it is accepted.

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List