Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Jul 21, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by sophiepop View Post
Did you book this as a package?
No, flights with VA and hotel only with VH. If it had been a package I’d get a refund if the flights are cancelled I think. I’m holding out hope they offer a refund at that point anyway just so I don’t have to wait another two weeks. When I WhatsApped them they said they are cancelling packages up to the 28th August which is more or less in line with flight cancellations.

I don’t want anyone to think I’m being negative 😬. There’s still a part of me clinging on to the “post Labour Day uptick” comment 😂.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyChris
Proud to wear my Ears

Looking at the August cancellations, if they are cancelling flights exactly 5 weeks in advance then that means we'll need to know before August 19th for our trip (coincidentally that's the date we'd already been told was our last date to cancel for a full refund and after that we can only move the trip).

There's still time but I'm definitely thinking more seriously about the Canada option now. I just hope we get something more definitive from Canada regarding international travelers between them opening to US at the start of August and our cut off date of the 19th. Sure, Canada means we get less time in Disney but it means we're there in our 10th anniversary year and for the 50th and I'll take that over a longer holiday another year. Just depends what the costs come back like (and part of me is still holding out hope that once Canada opens their borders to US and confirms international date that the US will follow suit).
DisneyChris is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
MichelleS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Virgin seem to be cancelling 5 weeks out so yes around then.
Our flight is 5 weeks today ☹️

1996 Music - 2004 Sports - 2006 Movies & POR - 2007 Loews Miami Beach & Buena Vista Palace
2008 Fairfield Inn / St Augustine / POR - 2011 Springhill Suites LBV
Aug 2022 Disney All Stars (with Grandchildren)
MichelleS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Claygate1
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by MichelleS View Post
Our flight is 5 weeks today ☹️

So is mine lhr-mco. Ive looked online and it’s still showing the direct flights this morning. Will be keeping a close eye
Claygate1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
merkat
Apprentice Imagineer

I hope we hear something definitive early this week in regards to when Biden is opening up USA, at least then people will know. This way of doing it and not saying anything is cruel.

I still do think there is a slim chance, you never know!
Old 26 Jul 21, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
DandM2020
Staying in the Castle

[QUOTE=merkat;15071929]I hope we hear something definitive early this week in regards to when Biden is opening up USA, at least then people will know. This way of doing it and not saying anything is cruel.

I still do think there is a slim chance, you never know![/QUOTE

If the cases keep falling in the UK as they are now there’s a good chance …. Unless cases go up in US and Boris puts them on the no go list
DandM2020 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
khonsu
Suitcases dusted off...

Ok - seems like an important week. 5 days of numbers dropping. Hospitalisations and deaths remaining fairly consistent.

US of A seems to follow us by around 2 weeks. The biggest issue they have is getting the Southern States to actually take the vaccination... not going into THAT!

The next UK Travel update is due Wednesday 4 or Thursday 5 August. The announcements have normally been on Thursdays, but the Transport Secretary moved the most recent update forward by a day so they could move again.

With the number of large events having taken place in the UK, it would hypocritical of the Government to keep the borders closed. To me the biggest issue is to get what needs to happen for travel - eg lowering the requirements on US tourists coming here.

Hopefully Boris and Sleepy Joe are in communications - an update would be nice.

I just have a feeling, without any evidence, that something major is coming this week.

We're still booking dining (actually got reservations at Be Our Guest yesterday) and still keeping the faith.

Fingers crossed for all!

2002 Enchantedland Resort, 2005 Cabana Bay, 2011 Peabody, 2014 Rosen Point Orlando, 2017 Rosen Plaza, 2019 Rosen Shingle Creek. 2020 cancelled x2, 2021 cancelled x1... May 2022 - three weeks in Rosen Shingle Creek. May 2023 Drury Plaza Disney Springs. May 2024 - Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort, December 2024 - Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort

khonsu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Florida Gator
Apprentice Imagineer

We are still hanging in there although we noticed our dates had become free on the villa that we are rentings availability calendar. Contacted villa owner and they said the cost had now gone up on that villa although we had fully paid so we have been moved to another one. I understand there’s lots of uncertainty renting to a UK visitor but would have preferred to have discussed it with the owner before they allocated us an entirely different villa. The pool area at the new villa isn’t nearly as nice as the one we had booked. But I think if we by some miracle do make it, we will just be glad to be there!

Edited at 10:07 AM.
Florida Gator is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
mexico07
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Florida Gator View Post
We are still hanging in there although we noticed our dates had become free on the villa that we are rentings availability calendar. Contacted villa owner and they said the cost had now gone up on that villa although we had fully paid so we have been moved to another one. I understand there’s lots of uncertainty renting to a UK visitor but would have preferred to have discussed it with the owner before they allocated us an entirely different villa. The pool area at the new villa isn’t nearly as nice as the one we had booked. But I think if we by some miracle do make it, we will just be glad to be there!
I’m sorry they have done that , I wouldn’t be happy with that at all if I had booked that specific one , and I would have thought they couldn’t just bump the price up on current bookings but I guess they know that they have you over a barrel just now with the borders still not opened you won’t want to complain as you might need to cancel ! You have the same countdown as us we are flying from Manchester on the 15th , our accommodation is through our timeshare and I don’t want to speak to them about it until we know what’s happening but I have a feeling if we have to cancel then we will lose it this time as this will be the third time they have changed it for us and they don’t usually do that but I’m really trying hard to hold on to some hope of a miracle that we will still be going xxx
mexico07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
ashy
I want to go now!

The US is reopening it seems to Canadians from late next month but only to fully vaccinated people. I think they'd open to us tomorrow but there are a lot of problems with vaccine passports. The EU has its own but we are next door and we aren't even accepting theirs yet.

We have our own too but I don't think it is recognised in many places. The US will want one that allows them to get our vaccine information for themselves like how they access our info for ESTA's. They won't trust people uploading it themselves or just showing it at passport control as many countries are doing.

I'm starting to lose hope now really, we needed something last week when Biden said he'd announce something on travel bans but nothing happened. It isn't going to move quickly either as Boris wants us to spend our money here.

Edited at 10:41 AM.
ashy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List