Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 2 Apr 21, 05:07 AM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Fingers crossed for Mondays news

Having read this article it gives me a bit more optimism for our travel plans to USA in Sept

mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 21, 05:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Pezzermist
I have Ears

America letting Brits in quarantine free is the first and most important step.
Pezzermist is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 21, 07:13 AM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

I could cope with a 3 day quarantine back home ( as has been mentioned may be the case on another thread) but not on arrival in the US. Also the LFT v PCR tests will be significant. For our family of 5, PCR testing at the current costs on arrival and departure would be the price of another holiday! Hopefully we’ll have a much better idea on Monday.
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 21, 07:18 AM  
Link to this Post
arhclo
slightly serious Dibber

Interesting to see the criteria for lateral flow test - would it have to be witnessed or verified at medical centre or airport for example. Otherwise can save a lot of cash using the kits the school kids are getting .
Old 2 Apr 21, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post
keely21
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by jojo_3596 View Post
I could cope with a 3 day quarantine back home ( as has been mentioned may be the case on another thread) but not on arrival in the US. Also the LFT v PCR tests will be significant. For our family of 5, PCR testing at the current costs on arrival and departure would be the price of another holiday! Hopefully we’ll have a much better idea on Monday.
This is what worries me. There's no way I can afford the cost of pcr tests for my family of 4. Surely they need to come up with something cheaper and I cant quarantine on holiday im only there 10 days!
Old 2 Apr 21, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

I think what Boris says on Monday will only apply to England and the rest of us living in devolved nations may well be left behind.
Old 2 Apr 21, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
fiffio
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
I think what Boris says on Monday will only apply to England and the rest of us living in devolved nations may well be left behind.
Hello, Afellow pars fan? Need a holiday after recent performances!

I don’t think it will work like this as travel in the U.K. will already have been opened up so nothing to stop a family going to Manchester to fly. I fancy the other nations will follow suit on this as they will want airports opened as well and American tourism is big money in Scotland. The risk is small for us and the Greek islands etc.

This is good news, we’re booked on Virgin to go 25th august and its all seeming a bit positive just now. Virgin prices have doubled, perhaps it’s in anticipation of this type of news.
fiffio is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 21, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Originally Posted by fiffio View Post
Hello, Afellow pars fan? Need a holiday after recent performances!

I don’t think it will work like this as travel in the U.K. will already have been opened up so nothing to stop a family going to Manchester to fly. I fancy the other nations will follow suit on this as they will want airports opened as well and American tourism is big money in Scotland. The risk is small for us and the Greek islands etc.

This is good news, we’re booked on Virgin to go 25th august and its all seeming a bit positive just now. Virgin prices have doubled, perhaps it’s in anticipation of this type of news.
You are so right about The Pars thought they were good for the first five minutes against Dundee but went downhill after that. I even arranged to have my first vaccination at East End Park on a Saturday afternoon at 2.30pm but the game was postponed. At least I managed to get in the ground.

Hope you are right about the travelling as we have flights booked with Virgin for September and have also noticed prices have risen.
Old 2 Apr 21, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Northwich
Dancing with Tink'

While it’s still not confirmed, there seems to be a lot of noise coming from the USA that travel to the U.K. (amongst some others) could be open any time between May 1st and July 4th.

Currently the US have a system where 3 tests prevents quarantine while there.

You have a test 72 hours before travel, a rapid test pre-departure at the airport, and a 3rd on arrival. I can’t remember what the cost was, but that’s what they do.

Fingers crossed it all goes the way we want. With Chris Whitty today stating that ‘the U.K. will not have another covid lockdown, it will be treated as flu’, the fact that tests have shown transmission of covid from vaccinated people is almost zero, and the strong rumours of green traffic lights for highly vaccinated countries, there’s reasons to be optimistic.

We are nearly there!
Northwich is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 21, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
emmabrown68
VIP Dibber

My worry is the issue of kids being allowed to travel if vaccine certs come into play. My DH and I will be lucky enough to have had both doses by mid May so if vaccine passports or whatever they want to call them come into play we'd be ok on that front but my DD is 7 so obvs won't be vaccinated. I wonder how they'll deal with kids?
IDrive 91, Enclave Suites 07, Southern Dunes 09, Quality Inn Plaza, Hard Rock Hotel, Grand Plaza Beachfront Resort Hotel (St Petes), Orlando Metropolitan Express & Buena Vista Palace Hotel 10!, The Florida Hotel 11, Hampton Lakes 12, Bridgewater Crossing 12, Vegas/LA 13, Tall Grass Villa 13, The Florida Hotel 13, Bridgewater Crossing 15, Terrace Ridge 16, West Haven 17,18,July 19, Dec 19 & Dec 21, West Haven & Cabana Bay 22
emmabrown68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List