Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Apr 21, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Virgin announces they will resume ALL flights by November...

According to the Daily Mail... fingers crossed
dailymail/news/art...-November.html
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Bumping this up in case you missed it
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Hank
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
It was mentioned to the delight of some of the doom and gloom merchants on here on another thread who read it has no flights to the USA for months.
Hank is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 21, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
This is good news but is there anything on flights before then? I've still got my fingers crossed

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 21, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sophiepop View Post
This is good news but is there anything on flights before then? I've still got my fingers crossed
Yes but it isn't good - Virgin cancelled all their seasonal service from Glasgow and Belfast yesterday

Let us hope the news to be announced in early May is better.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 21, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I see another comic at it again No one knows until next month they just guessing the other day i read no flights until December know they saying November They dont know we dont know until May
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 21, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I am not greatly concerned by the actions of a small airline such as Virgin, other than on behalf of the many Dibbers who have purchased flights from them and are depending on them for their vacations. It is hardly as if the company has acted in the best interests of its customers these past 12 months, rather and only themselves.
It is more relevant that BA, Delta, United and American seem to be reactivating their fleets in preparation for resumption and the positive noises coming from them. It is unlikely that they have not been briefed by their respective Governments in order to prepare for a resumption.
I am increasingly confident that transatlantic flights will wind up very quickly as we approach the end of May.. provided of course that the Governments can agree on travel corridors, testing, screening etc.

Cancellations from certain smaller airports and into certain other airports may be due to the admin required in the coming months, testing, vaccine passports etc etc. We do not yet know what will be required and which airports can absorb these new requirements in the initial restart. It may be that only LHR and Manchester in the U.K. can meet requirements and maybe only the big 9 or so USA airports can initially receive the flights, JFK, Newark, Chicago O’Hare, Detroit, D.C, Miami, Charlotte, LAX, SFO, Las Vegas etc.
It may be worth pointing out that U.K.- MCO .. or even USA direct is not the only flight route that Governments will be discussing. There is also business related travel to consider as well as tourist. These decisions would clearly affect the flight schedules of the airlines.

Whilst we are all guessing, the airlines may well know plenty.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 02:48 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 21, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Jennywren
VIP Dibber

Well I am taking it as a positive sign, have just been contacted by Virgin Special Assistance about more details for the help we will need for our flights in September. Doubt they would bother if flights were cancelled till November we booked the flights last year so fingers crossed.
Jennywren is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 21, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
I posted on another thread that Tampa airport website has flights tentatively resuming with BA from Gatwick on 14 June. Hopefully this is a positive step forward. Flights from Frankfurt are showing tentatively from 1 July. Let’s see what the next month brings, but my optimism is starting to grow.