Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 2 May 21, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
DUNXandWILL
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
I am sorry to hear you are in this position. Have been there myself. I had to wait a number of weeks for the flare up to abate. But more came. So I just kept presenting myself to A&E until it was dealt with. The pain medication helped a lot.

The reason they don’t operate on inflamed gallbladders is because it can be detrimental to smooth recovery. Both risk of infection but also sometimes means that it would have to be swapped from keyhole to open surgery which is a much harder recovery. At least this is what I was told.

I wish I could say that everything is perfect since I had it out, but it can occasionally cause problems still. But perhaps once a year for me, and the pain is about a 2 rather than a 15 out of ten 😊. I would have the operation again in a heartbeat if needed and would recommend to anybody the drs suggested it to. Good luck and I hope the pain diminishes for you quickly.

Eggs, pastry and full fat milk / high dairy products were the things that set me off. Rosmary Conley Hips and Bums diet is good. She developed it after suffering from gallstones for a number of years. I ate well on it for at least a year before I had it out. Might be worth exploring.

Ps. Congrats on your weight loss. 👏👏👏
The Dr I had last night did say that... DO NOT PHONE 111 = KEEP PRESENTING AT A&E... they'll get the message!

He told me to keep taking Ibuprofen... is that what you did?

You're 100% correct - i'd rather take a 2/10 than the current 15/10 any day of the week! Still feel a bit weak today but i'm in work and i'm trying my best to relax and not get too uptight about it - still can't face eating today

I'll look into the Rosemary Connelly diet - at this point i'll do just about anything to avoid last night's pain again.

Thank you, I just feel useless because after losing 5 stone and starting running (currently do 1 x 10k and 2 x 5k per week) I feel the worst i've ever felt in years

DUNXandWILL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Can I add, I have gallstones, I have also had a heart attack. Gallstones are really, incredibly, blooming painful, my heart attack was merely a bit unpleasant in comparison.

Hope you get treatment soon.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Yes. Ibuprofen worked for me somewhat. My mum had similar problems and comes from an area with a lot of chalk in the water. Her consultant told her to avoid drinking tap water due to high levels of chalk. She took to bottled water and rosemary Conley. Her symptoms eased so that she could get it removed. You in chalky / hard water area?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DUNXandWILL
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
Can I add, I have gallstones, I have also had a heart attack. Gallstones are really, incredibly, blooming painful, my heart attack was merely a bit unpleasant in comparison.

Hope you get treatment soon.
Thank you so much and sorry to hear you had a heart attack hope you are keeping well now!

Dunx

Edited at 04:07 PM.
DUNXandWILL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Gall stones are the worst and I had a traumatic birth with no pain relief.

Mine just fizzed out after 4-5 episodes and touch wood I haven’t had any further episodes.

Keep pushing the dcs of it does not get better.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

I had gallstones and literally thought I was dying when I had an attack. Triggers for me were coffee, chocolate, onions and spicy food (curry) best day was when I had the gallbladder out! Recovery was really quick and celebrated with a curry lol.

To help with the pain, would take Ibubrofen but actually being sick also helped.
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 21, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
DUNXandWILL
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
Yes. Ibuprofen worked for me somewhat. My mum had similar problems and comes from an area with a lot of chalk in the water. Her consultant told her to avoid drinking tap water due to high levels of chalk. She took to bottled water and rosemary Conley. Her symptoms eased so that she could get it removed. You in chalky / hard water area?
I have some 400mg Ibuprofen I was prescribed after the last bad attack.

Ooh I don't know about chalky water - I'm in Glasgow - i'll have to google that!

Currently googling Rosemary as we speak!

Thanks again Dunx

Old 2 May 21, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
DUNXandWILL
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by JessBlu View Post
Gall stones are the worst and I had a traumatic birth with no pain relief.

Mine just fizzed out after 4-5 episodes and touch wood I haven’t had any further episodes.

Keep pushing the dcs of it does not get better.
Oh I totally agree with you - I have quite a high pain threshold but this pain floors me or has me on all 4's begging for the grim reaper at times!

I'm on 7 now and would sell my soul to the devil (if he didn't already have ownership) to make it my last one!

Oh i'll be on the blower 1st thing on Tuesday morning... begging for more pain relief!

Thanks Dunx

Old 2 May 21, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
DUNXandWILL
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
I had gallstones and literally thought I was dying when I had an attack. Triggers for me were coffee, chocolate, onions and spicy food (curry) best day was when I had the gallbladder out! Recovery was really quick and celebrated with a curry lol.

To help with the pain, would take Ibubrofen but actually being sick also helped.
EXACTLY! I honestly though my time was up with my 1st one... and this was on 1st January this year... some Happy New Year that was!

Noooo... you've just listed my whole day's food! I have barely eaten today at all... still feeling VERY tender indeed after yesterday and have the fear that it'll return tonight!

So happy to hear you have had it out and had a great result... I can only pray at this point!

Thanks Dunx

Old 2 May 21, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DUNXandWILL View Post
Oh I totally agree with you - I have quite a high pain threshold but this pain floors me or has me on all 4's begging for the grim reaper at times!

I'm on 7 now and would sell my soul to the devil (if he didn't already have ownership) to make it my last one!

Oh i'll be on the blower 1st thing on Tuesday morning... begging for more pain relief!

Thanks Dunx
Absolutely it’s so bad Isn’t it, hot bath and a cold drink combo helped mine 🤷🏼🤷🏼🤷🏼
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List