Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 25 May 21, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Mj1980
Trading Disney Pins

NFL tickets,

Hi all. Has anyone on here paid for any NFL game tickets for later this year, I’ve just been looking and they’re $150 each. I was planning on watching the buccs but as there will be 5 of us I can’t see myself paying that much.
Mj1980 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 21, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
A quick google gives this statement about NFL tickets:

"The average regular ticket price across the league is $151 for a decent seat at a decent game. It all depends on the team, the time of year, the game, and the section, row, and seat itself."

That is weighted by the fact that season ticket prices are much lower (per game) than single tickets so $150 would seem to be a good price

Tampa and Miami tend to be near full all the time so there aren;t likely to be many cheaper games
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 21, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Latics
Apprentice Imagineer

Latics's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mj1980 View Post
Hi all. Has anyone on here paid for any NFL game tickets for later this year, I’ve just been looking and they’re $150 each. I was planning on watching the buccs but as there will be 5 of us I can’t see myself paying that much.
We went years ago and I don’t remember it being that sort of price , we sat near the pirate ship so I’m sure these will be the best prices as I like a bargain.
I’ve just looked and it seems to be that it’s because of limited capacity that the only tickets available are resales - hence the price

Edited at 12:52 PM.
Latics is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 21, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Tampa are also the reigning champions so doubt many games will be cheaper next season no matter who the opponent.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 21, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
DanLees
Getting Excited

Tickets went on sale the day after the schedule game out. I managed to get a decent-ish pair of tickets for Rams@Giants in New York (strictly speaking New Jersey) for $400ish.

The Giants have announced that they will be at full capacity for the upcoming season. Tampa will definitely be the same (because Florida)

Bucs tickets will be hard to get hold of compared to previous seasons (when they were a bit of a punchline) due to winnign the Super Bowl and basically bringing back all of their big stars for this season.

TB tickets for $150 assuming they were regular season rather than preseason will be the cheapest upper level seats.

Going to an NFL game is NOT a cheap day out.

Might be worth considering driving to Jacksonville rather than Tampa if the schedules work, you'll get much better tickets for your $ or you can get tickets for $70ish.
The drive to Jax is 2.5 hours compared to 1.5 for Tampa.
DanLees is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 21, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Mj1980
Trading Disney Pins

Thanks for all your input, I guess it is a once in a lifetime opportunity to take the kids so I’ll just have to pay.
Mj1980 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 21, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
DonkeyCentreArf
Very Serious Dibber

Have you looked at Jacksonville instead. As DanLees said, you will get much better tickets for your money (albeit without the pirate ship). The drive to Jax is easy but very boring. If you go, might be worth looking at Park & Ride from the outskirts as it can be very slow getting away from the stadium after the game.

Alternatively, rather than drive straight back, you could stay the night in nearby St Augustine which is very nice.
1990 - Quality Inn International - iDrive / 1996 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 1997 - Dixie Landings / 1999 - All Star Sports / 2002 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 2003 - DLP / 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 2008 - Doubletree Universal / 2009 - Saratoga Springs / 2011 - Bonnet Creek Resort & Vero Beach / 2014 - Bonnet Creek Resort / Oct 2021 - Rescheduled / Feb 2022 - Rescheduled / Oct 2022 HRH & OKW
DonkeyCentreArf is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 21, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mj1980 View Post
Thanks for all your input, I guess it is a once in a lifetime opportunity to take the kids so I’ll just have to pay.
Just playing devil's advocate...

Watching American Football in stadium (as opposed to on TV) is tedious unless you know and appreciate all the rules and intricacies - equally all the long stops to allow advertisements during breaks in play get tiresome.

we love NFL so will always try to go, but we took family friends with us once and as they weren't real NFL fans (and had no real idea about the rules) they bored easily.

Think about the age of the kids, if they are under 13 I'd suggest saving your cash

But at the end of the day, it's your money and your holiday, so if you want to do it go for it!
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 21, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

We went to a pre season game at the Buccs stadium.
The weather was awful and we got drenched!
like a lot of people we left before the end.
Ds was very bored but then he isn’t an NFL fan
Me and Dh would probably go again but in season this time and maybe get a covered seat if they exist
Factor in parking costs as I remember that being expensive

Edited at 02:10 PM.
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 21, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

I keep going to go to one as I am an NFL fan but then I see the size of the stadium and the cost of parking and seats have a think to myself and find a nice warm sports bar with great beer and food to watch it instead :-) saves me a fortune every year ha ha
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List