Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 17 Jun 21, 05:41 AM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYALI
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Mobile Shopping in Norwich

Come September I'm going to treat myself to a shopping trip to Norwich.
Can anyone that live near there or has good experience of Norwich shopping advise me of the best places to go, I obviously want to go to the Disney shop and good old Primark but I've also read about the Lanes, I do like quirky shops and antique shops so any tips and suggestions best route to take, cetera I will be arriving by train,tia
DISNEYALI is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 21, 06:14 AM  
Link to this Post
tfmay
Getting Excited

The Lanes are near the market/City Hall - upper goat, lower goat lane etc. They are are a range of shops, independent clothes, tea room, hairdressers and alternative clothing ranges etc we also have independent department store Jarrolds, always good for a wander around.
From train station you can bus or walk, it’s not far.
Walking you can head straight up Over the little river wensum bridge and up Prince of Wales Road, into Castle meadow, this is where you then need to turn right and head towards the market (several little side exits) and the lanes are over to your right passed Jarrolds and up Gaol Hill .
Norwich has 2 main ‘shopping malls’, Castle Quarter as its now called has less shops in and more entertainment venues and Intu chapelfield now called Chantry Place. Shops are in between the two areas all around and all walkable however please remember Norwich is looking like all high streets and cities//towns at the minute...
tfmay is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 21, 06:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

I love Norwich for shopping. The lanes are great for a wander and browse! Its such a shame most town/city centres are looking half empty, hopefully they will recover .
Old 22 Jun 21, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
icep2003
I want to go now!

Norwich shopping

Hi, if you like antiques and vintage things check out Looses Emporium its like a indoor market full of antiques and vintage items ,its a cool place just to browse
icep2003 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Norwich market is good for a wander around. Some good little stalls including good old fashioned market food.

I'm not sure the Disney store will still be open then if the rumours about all UK stores except Oxford Street closing down soon.

Edited at 08:05 PM.
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Lesley Cassidy
Very Serious Dibber

The Disney store in Norwich is apparently closing in August
Lesley Cassidy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 21, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by icep2003 View Post
Hi, if you like antiques and vintage things check out Looses Emporium its like a indoor market full of antiques and vintage items ,its a cool place just to browse
Loose’s and Aladdin’s Cave are a little way out of the city centre in an area called Anglia Square- it’s a bit rough and ready but there are several lovely cafes and the walk through Tombland to Anglia Square is gorgeous.
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List