Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 10 Jul 21, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
teerts
Excited about Disney

Thats a shame, looks like we will not get any more Disney stuff unless we go to the new locations.

We've had terrible experiences using Disney store online recently, my wife purchased some stuff for our son at xmas, the parcel was lost so they sent a replacement, which was missing half the items, when we contacted them, they told us they had sold out and they had credited us for the missing items and there was nothing they could do about it and basically brushed it under the carpet, I wouldn't have minded so much but those missing parts were the only reason we placed the order, the next order we placed online, my wife ordered me some things as an xmas present and when the package arrived, 1 week late, it was soaking wet and the box had opened exposing everything inside, so I saw my presents. We tried to contact Disney but no one ever responded to any of the emails or messages on Twitter/Facebook.

Really poor service and absolutely no customer service, so we will never buy anything from them ever again!
Old 10 Jul 21, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Hopefuldad
Excited about Disney

Ive never had a good experience ordering online. Items broken, bashed or incomplete, that's assuming they turn up at all. Which is a shame as I think the quality of Disney items from store are usually really good.
Hopefuldad is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 21, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Originally Posted by Orlandobelle View Post
I was in the Cardiff store today and asked when they were closing. The cast member said that they haven't been told of any closure and are unaware of it happening apart from social media reports 🤔
That's unfortunately what they have been told to say 😕. I personally think that's so wrong!
Old 10 Jul 21, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Such sad news, we love the Cardiff store and it’s the first shop we head to when we go to the city. The staff there are so friendly and shopping there is such an unique experience
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 21, 04:03 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
The cheap options of discount codes and free delivery are winning over the uk customer from contemplating going to stores.
Once the competition has closed expect inferior customer service and free delivery.

I disagree , just as some physical shops offered amazing service and others poor service so it will be with online shopping. It’s not as if there aren’t a wide choice of retailers.

I’m sad TDS are gone both as a one time customer and also as an ex CM working for them but over the years they lost their way and went from a very unique store with great home stuff and apparel , to a glorified toy shop with little of the other products that made them a joy to shop in and made it a regular stop not just Christmas and Birthday shopping.

Edited at 04:04 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 21, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
quiddity
Apprentice Imagineer

quiddity's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Only just heard about this yesterday. Can't believe it! We always went into the stores in York & metro centre & usuly bought something (not bothered about discounts as its disney so we want it!).

Whilst our trips to York will continue as there so many independent shops, I can't see us ever going back to the metro centre now. What the point? All the shops are the same you can get in your home town. The only way I can see metro centre surviving is filling it up with loads of independent shops & really reduce their rates.
7/2/12-9/2/12 cheyenne DLP for 1st time!
28/09/12-12/10/12 clarion inn LBV again again!
quiddity is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 21, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by quiddity View Post
I can't see us ever going back to the metro centre now. What the point? All the shops are the same you can get in your home town. The only way I can see metro centre surviving is filling it up with loads of independent shops & really reduce their rates.
I agree they probably need to reduce their rates as from what I’ve seen they are extortionate.
But as for the metrocentre surviving, it is the “home town” for an awful lot of people who want to shop at the big name stores you get in any home town. And with free parking it’s more desirable to many than going into Newcastle city centre where the council have allowed just about every car park to be turned into apartments. The Disney store closing will make zero difference to how often locals visit the metrocentre. Most of them probably pick their Disney stuff up at Primark anyway.
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 21, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Today visited Norwich disbey Store, they said they closing next week. Dd picked up a few Bean mini soft toys that she collected and a bag. She wanted some Descendants stuff but nothing in there. I always like going in to a Disney Store , DD just as happy going into Primark!
Old 30 Jul 21, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by quiddity View Post
Only just heard about this yesterday. Can't believe it! We always went into the stores in York & metro centre & usuly bought something (not bothered about discounts as its disney so we want it!).

Whilst our trips to York will continue as there so many independent shops, I can't see us ever going back to the metro centre now. What the point? All the shops are the same you can get in your home town. The only way I can see metro centre surviving is filling it up with loads of independent shops & really reduce their rates.
We popped up to the the Metro today, just for a change - it was packed but there are loads of shops closed. House of Fraser has a closing down sale on - looked like an upmarket jumble sale! So 2 of the 3 flagship stores in the Centre will be closed along with loads of smaller units / shops. No signs of closure in the Disney Store yet, they had a large sale section so who knows? We used to go monthly pre covid, but I can't see us going back up there for a long time.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 21, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Norwich store closeting by 16 of August
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List