Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Jun 21, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Sorry to disappoint but the borders will not be open anytime soon as Mickey Mouse have said so he thinks he works to hard and with all of England wanted to see him he dose not like it so he told joe not to allow us in yet🤪🤪🤪🥸sorry could not resist I be sitting in the corner 😆
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 21, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Amyzing
Trying for More Ears

I really don’t think we will see many countries added to the green list today, perhaps just Malta. Im starting to think that they will keep countries amber as long as they possibly can as they know that will limit travel to mainly fully vaccinated people. I don’t think they will admit to that though as it is totally unfair on the people that have not been able to be double jabbed yet.
Amyzing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 21, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
SamH88
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
Maybe they will say only fully vaccinated people in for the time being?
Vaccinated people can still transmit the virus, so countries want as many people as possible protected before allowing people to enter for non essential reasons. The US are only at 46% fully vaccinated, so I would imagine they want a much higher percentage before opening borders.
SamH88 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 21, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Stevelovesfl
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by SamH88 View Post
Vaccinated people can still transmit the virus, so countries want as many people as possible protected before allowing people to enter for non essential reasons. The US are only at 46% fully vaccinated, so I would imagine they want a much higher percentage before opening borders.
Unfortunately yes and with our cases going up I can't see it happening anytime soon.
Stevelovesfl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 21, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Hollytigs
Imagineer

Well yes, but the US is allowing people in from South Africa and (I think?) Argentina and other South American countries that have higher cases and the Brazil variant so I’m not sure their logic is quite as clear as cases=bad
Hollytigs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 21, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Stevelovesfl
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Hollytigs View Post
Well yes, but the US is allowing people in from South Africa and (I think?) Argentina and other South American countries that have higher cases and the Brazil variant so I’m not sure their logic is quite as clear as cases=bad
I think it's easy for them to keep their current travel list and extend it than add new countries. Mexico and Canada is closed until July 21st.
Stevelovesfl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 21, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
SamH88
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hollytigs View Post
South Africa is on the travel ban list.
SamH88 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 21, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Ooberjay
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by SamH88 View Post
That's why we get tested, as someone who has been in contact with positive patients, dealt with positive samples, and worked next to people who have tested positive or have antibodies to say they have had exposure... I have not had the virus, im fully vacinated yet test to make sure every week.

The testing protects the country test positive and quarantine, its the only way imho
Ooberjay is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 21, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
sunkisser
Imagineer

We are due to go on 22nd August. We are all fully vaccinated except my 21 yr old who had her first vaccine yesterday so doubt she will have the second by the time we go. If they say double vaccinated only I’m not sure where we stand. Our trip is her present for her 21st birthday!
Old 24 Jun 21, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Hornet1976
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Hornet1976 View Post
We knew Portugal was going on, we knew Portugal was coming off. We knew none were being added to green list last time. It was all over the news. Like I say, I hope I'm wrong but I'm fully expecting the Balearics to be added later having seen that reported.
Who'd have thought 🤔
Hornet1976 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List