Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 27 Jun 21, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

I hope this doesn't carry on next year.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 21, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
MadHatter1
VIP Dibber

MadHatter1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 1
This does not sound good. Sounds like car hire is going to get a lot more expensive.
2017 Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW)>. > - The Return of Three Jedi
2018 Rosen Inn at Pointe (Int. Dr.), HRH (Uni)>. > - Rogue One
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW)>. > - 12 Parsecs
MadHatter1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 21, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

I am really worried about this for mid September. Our first week is in a villa with BA and we won't know where it is until we get there. Could be 35 mins away from parks. We can't be doing uber for that all the time. Do we think it will improve by
September?
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 21, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireRose
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by MENTALMUM View Post
Just looking to book for December, I am either getting no cars available or astronomical prices for the 12 nights we will be there. Not sure what I am going to do at present as Orlando is meant to be a short stop before we start our mini road trip.
Andy's just helped me with a great price on a 12 seater for December
YorkshireRose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 21, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
fiffio
Imagineer

I’d like to think it will ease from mid august onwards as we move out of high summer season and American schools go back and Disney quietens down etc.
fiffio is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 21, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Next couple of weeks will be similar stories with 1.5 million travellers going through MCO for the 4th July holidays... Hopefully after that we'll start to see more rental vehicles coming online and less delays.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 21, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sully301 View Post
I am really worried about this for mid September. Our first week is in a villa with BA and we won't know where it is until we get there. Could be 35 mins away from parks. We can't be doing uber for that all the time. Do we think it will improve by September?
Hi Sully - unfortunately nobody knows as there's more than one factor at play, apparently the vehicle shortage issue is worldwide, not just the US.

With travel ramping up suppliers simply haven't been able to replace [sold] inventory due to microchip issues for new motors - in turn suppliers have substantially increased rates, I assume to capitalise against losses knowing many will pay the increases. A friend in Fort Myers ordered a new Caddy last Oct, in Dec he popped into the dealership for an update, they advised they didn't even know when they'd be able to place, let alone fulfill, his order!

Unfortunately the current situation has shown with/without contracts there's no guarantee a hirer will receive a motor upon arrival at the desk. As Andy said, hopefully there'll be a change after the 4th July, in the meantime if you need to hire a car I highly recommend contacting Andy direct (andy@discountfloridacarhire.co.uk) as he also has access to offline prices and is doing all he can to assist Dibbers.
Old 27 Jun 21, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

ChrisS I’ve moved my back up plan for July to November re car hire our friends are picking me up and my Budget car with BA I’m picking up in Winter Haven the next day and I don’t care if it’s a pickup or humugness sUV that’s always on there yard
It’s apparently not great even buying a new car friendhad to keep her lease car 6 months more it’s a rolling lease took 9months from picking her new car to delivery last week
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 21, 12:38 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
ChrisS I’ve moved my back up plan for July to November, re car hire our friends are picking me up and my Budget car with BA I’m picking up in Winter Haven the next day and I don’t care if it’s a pickup or humugness SUV that’s always on there yard
It’s apparently not great even buying a new car friendhad to keep her lease car 6 months more it’s a rolling lease took 9months from picking her new car to delivery last week
Aye, it's a bit sticky at the moment Helen, our Ft Myers friend wasn't prepared to wait and cancelled his Caddy order.

For us the car hire situation is too hit 'n miss, hence why RSW is our better option as a friend collects us, that said I found a coach, RedCoach, that runs from Miami Airport to Naples, Fort Myers and on to Tallahassee. If push came to shove and we have to change Mia is one to bear in mind - RedCoach also run up the East coast, Miami to Orlando and on to Tallahassee. I'm relieved we have our Fl vehicle awaiting our return Helen, just hope the begger isn't too temperamental as he's been in, outdoor, storage since last April with our mechanic pal - luckily he'll service/fix Tank up and have him ready to rock 'n roll for our arrival.
Old 28 Jun 21, 12:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Oh ChrisS for pity sake don’t let Ian in on the car hire crisis
My little town car is just 2 years old paid off and done 4727 miles today so we’ve had
It’s the accountant in him you know we could buy a new Mustang insure it and store it for not much more than you were paying if we keep the Aygo
Yes I do but will 3 car seats fit in the back No but my golf clubs just might but we could look at something a bit bigger
An on going discussion shall we say
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List