Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 26 Jun 21, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
skinnybaby
Apprentice Imagineer

Travelling to DLP with a 1 year old

Any recommendations for travelling to DLP with a 1 year old?

Booked for 1st-4th December. Ive previously travelled on the Eurostar, however St Pancras is almost 3 hours drive from home so thats a factor to consider as it extends travel time quite a bit and also eats into our park day if travelling on the day.
Not sure if we should think about staying over in london the night before? No idea what to do about parking either as ive used the national express previously (no way im doing that with a child!)

Theres Eurotunnel which means we could perhaps travel through the early hours but i think its quite a drive the other end too.

Other option i suppose is a flight, my closest airport is east midlands.

Just looking for advice really.

Thanks
skinnybaby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 21, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Lexilooby
Trying for More Ears

When we went with our 1 year old we drove - travelling post tea time so he was in pjs sleeping on the way down to Dover (from Cumbria) We stayed near Dover & got an early ferry.
We chose the ferry so he could have a run around before going back in the car once we hit France. He then stayed awake for a little while before napping most of the way there.
Having him sleeping just made life easier for us.
Lexilooby is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 21, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
skinnybaby
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lexilooby View Post
When we went with our 1 year old we drove - travelling post tea time so he was in pjs sleeping on the way down to Dover (from Cumbria) We stayed near Dover & got an early ferry.
We chose the ferry so he could have a run around before going back in the car once we hit France. He then stayed awake for a little while before napping most of the way there.
Having him sleeping just made life easier for us.
Great i will look at the ferries.
Was it a long drive through France?
skinnybaby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 21, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Lexilooby
Trying for More Ears

It’s about 3 hours but quite straight forward. I found the drive in France easier then getting down to Dover 😂🙈
Lexilooby is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 21, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

We first drove with our ds at 4 months, and he went regularly after that as we bought annual passes. We tend to drive up to Folkestone leaving Devon around teatime and go through the tunnel the following morning as early as possible. We are usually in the parks by lunchtime then. It’s and easy drive on the french side, about 3 hours, but traffic can be quite busy. On the way home we have a couple hours in the park, drive up to the tunnel and stretch our legs and then come all the way home the same evening. Our son was always very happy in the car for long periods, depends on your child as to how much you think they will tolerate. We have always got to our destination as quick as possible to maximise park time.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 21, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Originally Posted by skinnybaby View Post
Any recommendations for travelling to DLP with a 1 year old?

Booked for 1st-4th December. Ive previously travelled on the Eurostar, however St Pancras is almost 3 hours drive from home so thats a factor to consider as it extends travel time quite a bit and also eats into our park day if travelling on the day.
Not sure if we should think about staying over in london the night before? No idea what to do about parking either as ive used the national express previously (no way im doing that with a child!)

Theres Eurotunnel which means we could perhaps travel through the early hours but i think its quite a drive the other end too.

Other option i suppose is a flight, my closest airport is east midlands.

Just looking for advice really.

Thanks
We flew with our DS when he was 18mths and 24mths. Both times we said we wish we'd drove due to the amount of stuff needed for holidays with a toddler. With the time needed to get to the airport and check in time we don't find flying much quicker.

Planning on going again next May, DS will be 4 and DD will be 15mths and going to drive. Will take us a LONG time as we live in the North East of England but still think it will be better.
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 21, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

We took our LB for the first time at 9 months and drove which worked brilliantly (allowed for lots of stops along the way and also we had plenty of room in the car to take the huge amount of stuff that seems to come travelling with a baby!)

I did write a trip report for our holiday which has lots of detail Can be found here if you fancy a look!
Lisa_Lollipop is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 21, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
rking89
Getting Excited

We flew with a 9 month old with 23kg luggage between the 3 of us. Had private transfer between CDG and SL. Easy enough if you pack smart, take a hot water bottle (tommee tippee do a great one if they are still on milk). Take an umbrella buggy which you can have right up to going on the plane.
rking89 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 21, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
skinnybaby
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
We took our LB for the first time at 9 months and drove which worked brilliantly (allowed for lots of stops along the way and also we had plenty of room in the car to take the huge amount of stuff that seems to come travelling with a baby!)

I did write a trip report for our holiday which has lots of detail Can be found here if you fancy a look!
H

Thanks, I read all your trip reports whilst I was pregnant haha
Old 28 Jun 21, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Haha, I hope they provided some good entertainment! Thank you so much for reading!

We are now expecting baby #2… I’m excited to start writing trip reports as a family of 4!
Lisa_Lollipop is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List