Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 27 Jun 21, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

You can use the credit for tips too. I'm just treating it like cash and will use it for food, drinks, snacks and tips until it runs out.

I highly doubt you'll be able to use it to pay towards a dining plan though as that needs to be done in advance of your holiday and you don't get the room credit until you get there.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 21, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
You can use the credit for tips too. I'm just treating it like cash and will use it for food, drinks, snacks and tips until it runs out.

I highly doubt you'll be able to use it to pay towards a dining plan though as that needs to be done in advance of your holiday and you don't get the room credit until you get there.
With four of us we reckon it will last 2 meals . It’s rubbish how it’s per room and not per person but as said better than nothing . I’m currently saying up offsite now to see how it compares after the initial booking rush
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 21, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
With four of us we reckon it will last 2 meals . It’s rubbish how it’s per room and not per person but as said better than nothing . I’m currently saying up offsite now to see how it compares after the initial booking rush
It’s certainly a better deal for smaller parties than for families filling a room. There’s just two of us so it’s not bad. When you add the gift card it gives us over $1000 towards food however the room cost is quite high so I’m still working out whether it’s worth it!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 21, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

As a solo traveller, I've worked out a budget where the value credit will cover all meals. However that does involve cutting back a bit. Very few fountain drinks (not that bothered by them) and some kids meals. If travelling with a friend, I might upgrade to moderate so next challenge is to see how long I can make that credit last between two.

I'm not big on TS anyway, I haven't decided whether I will do my favourite using the gift card (as I did on QSDP anyway) or just skip it this time. But if you're doing a lot of TS - particularly character or signature - agree that the credit will be gone VERY quickly. A lower value but per person credit would have been nicer for the majority, particularly looking at the deluxe rates when they get barely more than the moderates.

I am looking at the partner hotels in Disney Springs as an option. At the moment, it's about the same cost so I'm sticking with on-site. But with the very few perks on-site get now extended to the partner hotels, I don't see much on-site benefit other than the slightly easier transport. So would definitely consider switching if I can get a good deal closer to the time.

Edited at 10:09 AM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 21, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Yeah, it's not great for families at all. Try as I might, I simply can't persuade our children to stay offsite. I couldn't even persuade them with the extra space of 2 rooms at ASM. They insist on us all in one room at CBR and say its my fault as I've always booked moderate/deluxe onsite. Good job we get on and have never had any issues spending that much time together in close proximity
One good thing is that they're working and are saving up to contribute towards the extortionate costs of this holiday (high room costs + paying for food). Dreading seeing what flight prices might be too. Really hoping for Virgin reward flights. In fact, just hope Virgin are still around next September!

loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 21, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Yeah, it's not great for families at all. Try as I might, I simply can't persuade our children to stay offsite. I couldn't even persuade them with the extra space of 2 rooms at ASM. They insist on us all in one room at CBR and say its my fault as I've always booked moderate/deluxe onsite. Good job we get on and have never had any issues spending that much time together in close proximity
One good thing is that they're working and are saving up to contribute towards the extortionate costs of this holiday (high room costs + paying for food). Dreading seeing what flight prices might be too. Really hoping for Virgin reward flights. In fact, just hope Virgin are still around next September!
This made me laugh as the whole reason I'm considering upgrading to moderate if my friend decides to join is because I've sold them on CSR and they won't consider anywhere else.

Edited at 10:18 AM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 21, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I hear you , our two are paying for their tickets and the eldest his share of the flight/car.
Unless some of the perks appear again I’m seriously considering changing the booking to 1 night so I don’t loose the deposit then booking elsewhere for the rest. We still have our 4 free nights so can still have 5 on-site anyway and just buy the celebration basket. It’s so hard to plan at the moment
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 21, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I could have written this! My kids won’t contemplate anywhere else except POFQ. I would push, but I’m not sure I really want to stay anywhere else either. As this is likely to be our last family holiday (oldest will be 20 by the time we go) I’m just accepting it will cost us a flipping fortune 😩 I’m even considering two rooms - husband thinks I’ve lost the plot 🤣

Edited at 10:25 AM.
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 21, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Leia77 View Post
I could have written this! My kids won’t contemplate anywhere else except POFQ. I would push, but I’m not sure I really want to stay anywhere else either. As this is likely to be our last family holiday (oldest will be 20 by the time we go) I’m just accepting it will cost us a flipping fortune 😩 I’m even considering two rooms - husband thinks I’ve lost the plot 🤣
Ah, POFQ was our first resort in 2012 and they insisted they never wanted to stay anywhere else. However, I pushed them to SSR for our 2014 trip and they loved it there too and never wanted to stay anywhere else, and we had 2 stays there before trying POR, which they also loved, but now we're happy with either POR OR SSR However, we then tried CBR in 2017 before the refurb and fell love with it and still loved it in 2019, post refurb. So now its CBR, SSR, BC or WL that they've said they're happy with! We did a night at the BC and WL on our last trip using DVC points, just because we've always loved the look of them. Far too expensive for us for a 2 week trip though! 😲

Our daughter will be nearly 21, and our son will be 19 when we go, so I really thought they'd like the idea of 2 rooms at ASM, however, they simply won't entertain a value resort - I've obviously raised a pair of snobs

Old 27 Jun 21, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

I hear you , our two are paying for their tickets and the eldest his share of the flight/car.
Unless some of the perks appear again I’m seriously considering changing the booking to 1 night so I don’t loose the deposit then booking elsewhere for the rest. We still have our 4 free nights so can still have 5 on-site anyway and just buy the celebration basket. It’s so hard to plan at the moment
It does help when they can contribute, especially with prices sky rocketing, and between them they're probably covering about a quarter of the cost of the entire holiday. I talked to them about trying a week on site, then a week offsite at a condo style resort or villa, before we move to Universal for a week, but they'd rather contribute more and stay on site for 2 weeks. They really are full on lovers of the Disney bubble. If I suggested just 5 nights on site, I think I'd have a mutiny on my hands!