Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 1 Jul 21, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disneydevotee View Post
We booked last week with tui for next July for 4 of us and told we could only have dining credit if we upgrade room,as having standard room will not get it,does anyone know please if this is correct.Thanks.
So it depends where you are trying to book. This is what the info says

Disney Dining Credits offer is not available when booking any of the following room types:
  • Little Mermaid Standard rooms at Disney's Art of Animation Resort;
  • Preferred Pool View and Pool View rooms at Disney's Pop Century Resort;
  • Standard and Water/Pool View rooms at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort;
  • Water View and Tower – Standard View Club Access rooms at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort;
  • Standard and Pool View rooms at Disney’s Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter; Standard, Standard 5th Sleeper, River View and Royal River View rooms at Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside;
  • Garden Wing – Deluxe, Garden Wing – King, Standard King - Club Level, Standard Room – Club Level at Disney’s Contemporary Resort,;
  • All room types at Bay Lake Tower Resort;
  • Cabins at Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney's Wilderness Lodge;
  • Deluxe Studios at Disney’s Old Key West Resort;
  • Bungalows at Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows;
  • Tower Studios at Disney’s Riviera Resort;
  • Treehouse Villa at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa;
  • The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian.
  • The offer also excludes all Suites at Moderate, Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts, 3 bedroom villas and campsites.

Standard rooms are available where not mentioned above so All Star Moves, Pop Century and Coronado Springs for example
Old 1 Jul 21, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneydevotee
Gone all Goofy

Sarah,Thanks for taking the trouble,wish we had known this before we booked.
Disneydevotee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 21, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Originally Posted by Disneydevotee View Post
Sarah,Thanks for taking the trouble,wish we had known this before we booked.
The Dibb is a much better source of info than many TAs!

If you really want the package maybe you could ask to change resorts? We booked Coronado Springs deliberately so we could have the package. That said, if (paid) DDP becomes available for our January dates, I would be tempted to pay for it. Have done so before and it works for us, though I know it doesn't for some.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 21, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Keegan View Post
Disney have announced the Dining Plan will be making a return.

They have also announced on top of Morning EMH for all resort guests, those staying in a Deluxe will also have access to evening EMH on select dates.

disneyparks.disney.go/bl...h-anniversary/
Glad about the dining plan as I don't have to worry about budgeting when I'm there. Extra evening hrs? Not so much. Its a rich vs poor thing. Thought Disney were all about inclusivity.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 21, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
Glad about the dining plan as I don't have to worry about budgeting when I'm there. Extra evening hrs? Not so much. Its a rich vs poor thing. Thought Disney were all about inclusivity.
Afraid those days are long gone. It's now about charging for as much as they can get away with. It was starting precovid (parking charges, paid events, etc) and is only going to get worse with the combination of pent up demand and trying to recoup lost revenue.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 21, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
ATO Jones
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Afraid those days are long gone. It's now about charging for as much as they can get away with. It was starting precovid (parking charges, paid events, etc) and is only going to get worse with the combination of pent up demand and trying to recoup lost revenue.
Yip. I'd argue that they were well on that route even pre MyMagic+. I returned for the first time as an adult in 2011 (a long wait since 93) and couldn't believe the amount of up-charges and cost cutting they had introduced. I'm still waiting on paid fast passes to be announced soon.

So, I've booked Riveria (1 Bedroom suite) for July next year. Included was just under 800 dollars credit. Better than nothing, but I'd imagine we'd still go through that in a staggeringly short timeframe. The DDP would have to be better bet for us. Would they amend the offer? I'm not upgrading as the cost for the room is outrageous as is. Perhaps, if I modified the dates, added a day?!?
ATO Jones is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 21, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
I'm not sure it's a matter of opening restaurants, although that helps, it's how many people they can get into each one and, right now, social distancing has dramatically reduced capacity.
Social distancing is pretty much non-existant for guests now and will for sure be gone by October, unless there is a new wave in Florida bringing back restrictions. From recent in park reports, the only thing that seems to still have distancing are the characters.

They have a massive staff shortage though, particularly for kitchen staff. Which will affect how many restaurants they can operate and also how quickly they can flip the tables.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 21, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Social distancing is pretty much non-existant for guests now and will for sure be gone by October, unless there is a new wave in Florida bringing back restrictions. From recent in park reports, the only thing that seems to still have distancing are the characters.
From the numerous WDW vlogs we watch each week, there's still clearly a lot of spacing out of tables in restaurants going on, relative to pre-pandemic times.

It's very obvious indeed - some restaurants look all-but empty compared to our numerous visits where the hubbub of a busy restaurant is a regular thing.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 21, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Possibly based on today's press release. To me, it would seem odd to mention it now if they weren't thinking about it this year. They make Disney money, so I'm sure they're keen to reintroduce paid plans as soon as they can.
Game changer for me. I'd decided not to go back onsite, actually decided not to back to USA full stop. This will definitely give me food for thought 😂

Just need a nice shiny budget airline to pop up out of the blue🤭🤔🙄

When they say updates in the future I wonder though would it be for 2023?
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 21, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
If you've ever eaten at Tusker House, you'll be immediately struck at the vast spaces in place now...

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List