Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 4 Jul 21, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
suecee
Very Serious Dibber

Drinking & Eating Around the World Showcase

OK, so let's forget all about the pandemic for a while & pretend my birthday trip goes ahead next year.

I'll be checking into the Swan on my birthday & then thinking of drinking & eating around the world showcase. Planning to start in France for elevenses.

Please share with me your favourite food & drink from which country/booth & why it's so good.

I think the Arts Festival will be on at the time if that makes a difference 🤔

Tia.
Old 5 Jul 21, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaft88
Getting Excited

DisneyDaft88's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
From our Visit in 2020 my favourite drink from Festival of the Arts was from Cuisine Classique - Frozen Rose. Could easily drink too many on a warm day!

Food wise - the Chocolate, Peanut Butter and Pretzel Crunch from Decadent Delights or the Deconstructed Reuben from the Deconstructed Dish was awesome!

Ii also love a visit to Sommerfest in the Germany pavilion for a stein of Schöfferhofer Pink Grapefruit Hefeweizen with a bratwurst!
Universal Sapphire Falls February '22
CBR - October '23
DisneyDaft88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 21, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Poutine from Refreshment Port is my favourite!
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 21, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

My go to was always Germany - Pretzel and Octoberfest beer. Now the craft beer stall is in America and the Smokehouse is open there is no contest now. Auf Wiedersehen, Pet.

Love France for the pastries, rarely have a drink here.

Japan has the lovely cool and shady spots for a cold Kirin.

The Cave in Mexico is a new spot for us, hope to do the full tasting experience when we get there with friends in December.

Always skip UK, John Smiths? I don't think so.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 21, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Some of my favourites from Epcot:
Germany - almost anything from Karamell Kuche. I like the caramel squares covered in chocolate especially, but they also have other things that are really good! They also have caramel popcorn which many people seem to love but I was a bit underwhelmed by it.
America - funnel cake - though it's been a while since I've had this
France - the lychee/raspberry macaron from Les Halles, lobster bisque from Les Halles, ice cream from the ice cream place next to Les Halles, the alcoholic slushies (Grand Marnier or Grey Goose)

Some things I want to try in Epcot:
Norway - cream horns
Morocco - baklava
France - almost everything else in Les Halles!

Some things that were recommended to me that I tried and didn't like that much but others might like:
Norway - school bread
Germany - grapefruit beer - not quite my thing but I'm not a beer person
Japan - kakigori - I love shaved ice but somehow didn't like how they did this version

In terms of the Epcot festivals - the food they have changes from year to year and they usually introduce some new dishes! If I am visiting during a festival I am usually reading Disney blogs when the festival first opens to see all the photos and reviews of the food to try to decide what I want to try when I'm there!
Old 5 Jul 21, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Wee_Red
Imagineer

Wee_Red's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Margarita from Mexico - refreshing and very enjoyable.

I may be about to get lynched here but if you eat from Karamel Kuche, avoid the Smores treat. It made my teeth scream and was beyond dry. Not worth it at all. That being said, I do want to go back and try something else.
Wee_Red is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 21, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
elise
Imagineer

The Nudel gratin in Germany is delicious and always a grey goose slushie in France .
Old 6 Jul 21, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Gev
Imagineer

Grand Marnier slushie for me; and a Bellini (peach purée topped up with Prosecco) from Italy. But not at the same time, obs! 😁 x
Old 6 Jul 21, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We dont eat much!

Enjoy your trip, try and start and finish on the Boardwalk would be a suggestion.

Big River to start.

Off round the world.

Balcony of the Belle Vue Lounge to finish.

😊 😊
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 21, 12:36 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Fish and chips along with a pint in the U.K….

Kidding of course…

Follow all ears on YouTube and they have some good videos of eating and drinking round the world. Will give you some great ideas…